• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Russell Brand attacking, Democrats, Banks and the Tories, with quotes from the Guardian:

And he is right to....Whilst he may not be everyone's cup of tea he talks facts. The West have been pumping money into Ukraine for years to the tune of over 5 billion to gain influence politically. 

My issue with him is timing.....It's all wrong. Wait until the Russians have been pushed out of Ukraine and civilians are able to safely pick the pieces of their lives up and try to rebuild. Then ask the questions, lay down the facts, open everyone's eyes to the bullshit that has gone on. Doing it whilst people are still being killed and the Country is still occupied is not only foolish but irresponsible. Adding fuel to the Russian excuse to invade Ukraine on the basis the West are also culpable is not going to bring this to an end. Certain Americans are also doing this and getting prime time on Russian State TV. Stupid clearings in the woods. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Awol said:

They are fighting and dying for the right to make that choice for themselves and deserve every support we can give them, unless or until they choose a different course. FWIW I find their collective courage utterly humbling.

Puts our little island of bog-roll hoarding xenophobes to shame, doesn't it?

• Like 1

I suspect we will see a nuking of somewhere in Putins final hours. When he realises it’s the end (whether through age or circumstance) he’ll consider it a final **** you to the world and he won’t give a **** about the return fire as he doesn’t care about Russian people and he’s on the way out anyway so **** it. It’s all about him. 

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Most of our country would be moaning the military kit is to masculine and hasn't moved with the times. So why Britain is getting flattened our defence  would probably be put on hold, while they approve a more binary design 😂

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I suspect we will see a nuking of somewhere in Putins final hours. When he realises it’s the end (whether through age or circumstance) he’ll consider it a final **** you to the world and he won’t give a **** about the return fire as he doesn’t care about Russian people and he’s on the way out anyway so **** it. It’s all about him. 

I'm about 95% sure nukes are off the table. Now chemical weapons, I'm not so sure.

45 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I mean, where am I supposed to go with that? You hate the UK? You hate the British people? If that’s true then I guess leaving was the right choice and I’m happy for you, not sure how much it has to do with Russia/Ukraine though. 

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Most of our country would be moaning the military kit is to masculine and hasn't moved with the times. So why Britain is getting flattened our defence  would probably be put on hold, while they approve a more binary design 😂

Really?

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

I mean, where am I supposed to go with that? You hate the UK? You hate the British people? If that’s true then I guess leaving was the right choice and I’m happy for you, not sure how much it has to do with Russia/Ukraine though. 

I feel like this is sarcasm, but it might be so good I can't tell.

If it ISN'T sarcasm, then you've got me wrong.

PS - I've been back in the UK for 6 years now.

Does everyone remember when the right wingers in the US were getting bent out of shape last year because the Russian military recruitment ad was so tough and masculine and the US ad was too ‘woke’?

I think we now know who would actually win on the battle field.

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Does everyone remember when the right wingers in the US were getting bent out of shape last year because the Russian military recruitment ad was so tough and masculine and the US ad was too ‘woke’?

I think we now know who would actually win on the battle field.

The woke crew don't go to war though, do they

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

There are definitely people who do well from convincing you this is how most of the country feels. 

• Like 1

Transcript of an interview with a Russian general. 

"We have discussed at the assembly why Putin is triggering the last resort and arrived at the only plausible conclusion: Russia is going through a systemic crises that the leadership cannot put a check on. In every sphere of economy - healthcare, culture, education, etc - everywhere is degradation and collapse."

Quora

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It’s when push comes to shove that people show their true resilience. We’re in the very lucky position that we are not being shoved. So for every bog roll hoarder that bleats on about their obsession with other people’s genitals, there are people donating spare rooms to refugees or making sure the food bank is stocked.

Anyway, we’re on a learning curve and the people are seeing what’s happening with the farmers in Ukraine and taking inspiration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s when push comes to shove that people show their true resilience. We’re in the very lucky position that we are not being shoved. So for every bog roll hoarder that bleats on about their obsession with other people’s genitals, there are people donating spare rooms to refugees or making sure the food bank is stocked.

Anyway, we’re on a learning curve and the people are seeing what’s happening with the farmers in Ukraine and taking inspiration.

Scouse pensioner in Liverpool-on-Sea I imagine :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

My line manager at work is taking in 5 people from Ukraine I just found out.  3 under 16's and 2 women.  (Spare holiday house in the garden she usually rents out).

She has 3 kids under 5 herself so fair play.

A guy from my wife’s office drove a bus from Stockholm to Warsaw, picked up 20 Ukrainian women and children and drove them back up to friends and colleagues houses in Sweden 😅 

• Like 4

Â