Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

There’s going to be nothing left for China go buy from Russia at this rate.

Alarm bells must be ringing in the Kremlin. They though this was gonna be like Crimea again. A bit of bluster from the west but nothing more.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

38 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There is a fairly realistic probability that a hot war with Russia would not actually result in nuclear war. The logic of M.A.D. is supposed to prevent either side from actually pushing the button. It’s tempting to call Putin’s bluff, though I understand why we don’t. 

I certainly concede you may well be right but it doesn't tempt me in the slightest.

• Like 2

Just now, LondonLax said:

Yeah that’s exactly why we’re not going to take the chance.

On the balance of probabilities I think it’s weighed towards no nuclear exchange even if we engage in a hot war with Russia but when the outcome of a miscalculation is so extreme we’re just not going to take that chance. Unfortunately Putin also knows this and it gives him a lot of leverage. 

Agreed. The threat is almost as powerful as the weapon, which I suppose is the point. Man if I could go back in time and meet Oppenheimer I would smack that motherf***er in the face. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Alarm bells must be ringing in the Kremlin. They though this was gonna be like Crimea again. A bit of bluster from the west but nothing more.

He's going to be like one of those posters in on topic who's made a plain stupid post and been called out by the entire forum but sticks to their guns because they've gone too far to lose face.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Well some of them could have had their concerns but I doubt they wanted to share them with Uncle Vlav

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

He's going to be like one of those posters in on topic who's made a plain stupid post and been called out by the entire forum but sticks to their guns because they've gone too far to lose face.

Or weirdly posts in his mates WhatsApp group that he's got them all on strings again 

Just now, sidcow said:

The special operation is going exactly to plan

katyburns-cmforum-092020-ph02

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

No, I'm really not interested in this kind of thing or this kind of post. Unless you are working for MI6 why write a post like this?

I don't think is rocket science, or cryptic.

If I actually post legitimate sources of information, they will either be ignored, or categorised and/or dismissed.

It does not go along with the narrative, and as with most things these days, knowing how it works, if it doesn't go along with the popular narrative, whether it's true or not, it will be dismissed, and the person sharing the message categorised.

You don't have to work for MI6, to have the ability to not get your only education from the " Daily Mail | Mainstream News and Social Media " for example, or independently research and form independent thoughts.

I try my best to  make sure things, especially of such a sensitive nature, are credible and preferably verified before I put my two cents in.

Most of all, after disseminating the information, I add a dollop of common sense,

I also mentioned earlier in the thread, that I actually have friends and associates on both sides of the aisle.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The special operation is going exactly to plan

katyburns-cmforum-092020-ph02

I liked that guy.  He was obviously under pain of death unless he bigged up everything. Quite something when the US interrogated him and released him - now living a life in the UAE apparently (if Wiki is anything to go by).

Dockers in Kent have refused to unload two tankers of Russian gas, forcing them to go elsewhere, a union has said.

The Boris Vilkitsky and Fedor Litke have been diverted from the Isle of Grain, the largest terminal in Europe for importing liquefied natural gas.

Unison head of energy Matt Lay said staff were "determined to support the Ukrainian people and uphold the sanctions imposed against Russia".

However, there are concerns over a loophole in the current sanctions.

UK Transport Secretary Grant Shapps announced on Tuesday that the UK had become the first country to pass a law banning ships with "any Russian connection" from entering its ports.

Mr Lay said: "Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case."

"The Department for Transport rules only appear to cover the ownership and operators of vessels, not the cargo."

BBC

If this doesn’t make Erdogan send more drones and ammo I don’t know what will.

In other news, human rights watch have proof that Russia has used cluster bombs against civilian targets. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I actually post legitimate sources of information, they will either be ignored, or categorised and/or dismissed.

It does not go along with the narrative, and as with most things these days, knowing how it works, if it doesn't go along with the popular narrative, whether it's true or not, it will be dismissed, and the person sharing the message categorised.

You don't have to work for MI6, to have the ability to not get your only education from the " Daily Mail | Mainstream News and Social Media " for example, or independently research and form independent thoughts.

I try my best to  make sure things, especially of such a sensitive nature, are credible and preferably verified before I put my two cents in.

Most of all, after disseminating the information, I add a dollop of common sense,

I also mentioned earlier in the thread, that I actually have friends and associates on both sides of the aisle.

For someone who has friends on both sides of the isle you seem very preoccupied with only defending one clearly dubious narrative mate. 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

You’ve demonstrated - in detail - that you don’t, but let’s leave it there. 

Sure ok! 🙄 Feels like that you don’t but yeah sure let’s leave it there.

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

I liked that guy.  He was obviously under pain of death unless he bigged up everything. Quite something when the US interrogated him and released him - now living a life in the UAE apparently (if Wiki is anything to go by).

Wow, I just assumed he’d be dead by now.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No one has said that the Russian people are to blame. It will suck for the Russian populace. Lots of innocent and scared Russians afraid of their leader and to speak out. A lot of them certainly are dumb, ignorant and blindly loyal to their head of state much like a lot of people in other countries are. No one is debating that it will hurt for them. But it’s a megaton **** worse for Ukrainians. Kids and families are dying. Millions will be displaced. Russians? Expensive bills and not using western Apple products. 

How do you suggest the world deals with nuclear weapon global threatening madmen dictators? 

Short of starting a nuclear war how else is the world supposed to deal with Putin outside of starving his leadership of resources and support long term? There’s no reasoning with him or his generals. They are a lost cause. He’s a mad man that will do literally anything to win and losing after being pushed into a corner means only one thing: “**** planet earth, if I can’t win no one can”, *BOOM*. End. 

So what do you do? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

A mate of mine worked on our naval submarines at one point, and I kid you not, they were replacing a custom written OS with basically MS Windows For Submarines.

Oh shit! We're doomed.

Â