• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

8 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'm pretty sure it's a bit 50/50 on that one no? The saying goes the apple don't fall far from the tree, but that completely discounts the rebel apples who take a long roll down the hill away from the tree.

Sorry, I can't respond on that. You've asked a question then ended it with "no?" so all my senses have shut down due to the incandescent rage burning within me. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Russia supplies a third of Europes winter gas supply. It's not unfeasable for Norway and USA\Mexico to step up and cover at least part of that deficit. It'll hurt for sure but it needs to be done.

Maybe - but I don't see us not buying Russian gas anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Shouldnt the next step being banning russia from international sports events like world cup, euros, and other major events? Could anyone see these kind of scenarios happening?

They did that 5 years ago for the Olympics and they still have a team 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Shouldnt the next step being banning russia from international sports events like world cup, euros, and other major events? Could anyone see these kind of scenarios happening?

Putin wouldn’t care about that in the grand scheme of things

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If you push enough of your own people they will eventually start causing massive problems for putin. 

Considerably less so in Russia and sporting events won’t move the needle.

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah my mum (also not a moron) but her political stance changed when she started reading the mail online. She use to prefer the times but as it wasn’t free she didn’t want to pay. 

Since then she started spouting more and more DM rhetoric which is really frustrating. 

I have an auntie who has been really suckered in by online right wing conspiracy stuff. Posts huge diatribes to her 34 Facebook friends about George Floyd, black lives matter and the election being stolen from trump.

Really makes you think - if a fairly middle class woman in her 70s from Sutton coldfield can be sucked in by this stuff, you can only imagine the effect it has on angry young men with genuine grievances about their lot in life. Quite scary

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I have an auntie who has been really suckered in by online right wing conspiracy stuff. Posts huge diatribes to her 34 Facebook friends about George Floyd, black lives matter and the election being stolen from trump.

Really makes you think - if a fairly middle class woman in her 70s from Sutton coldfield can be sucked in by this stuff, you can only imagine the effect it has on angry young men with genuine grievances about their lot in life. Quite scary

It’s amazing how quickly and efficiently an echo chamber can completely change and then reinforce someone’s views.

That algorithm can be very dangerous.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 3

Â