limpid

Match Polls  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Every silver lining has a cloud ,apparently these opinions show a distinct lack of gratitude, but don't let that deter you .

It was not so long ago.....I read 4 wins in 18 months.

don't knock it.

ps them in the ground might think its poor, them around the world think it's great:) spread the love.

Edited by TRO

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I can't believe we lost again, but at least we didn't get hammered this time. 

It's a sad state of affairs when you're looking at 47:53 and thinking it's a positive step. 

Bruce Out. 

See ,its not all doom and gloom.

• Like 1

Hi, got back from the game last night no thanks to the closure of the A14 and the A11...

It was the game of two halves...

First half I thought we played well but really needed to build on that 1-0 lead. Second half was backs to the wall and very frustrating, however a few months ago we would have conceded. The team look much more like a team now.......but a few comments

Agree with comments about our keeper looking solid but chose to punch a couple of times when possibly did not have to and his kicking at times was poor.

Jedinak was great but a few astray passes put ourselves under pressure

Amavi, I am sorry he is a lightweight, gets caught in possession and loses possession too easily he also gets pushed off the ball and makes the wrong choice for the final ball.

Kodja looked tired, did he pick up a knock?, I saw him limping towards the end of the game.

We were pretty awful the second half to be honest but we battled on but the ball just kept coming back at us, we need to kill these teams off with a second goal or be able to hold on to the ball and pass the ball to each other without putting the players under pressure. Defended too deep camped out a lot of the time in our own half.

Anyway one question....so thats 4 straight games that we have won without conceding, when was the last time that happened?

All the best

Del

• Like 1

That last 45 minutes felt like three days. My poor ring is very tired from all the clenching.

Super goal from super Kodg, and nice assist from Leandro the Champions League-meister. He's probably just about forgiven now isn't he? Nice sunset over the North stand last night as the game opened. 27k in the ground for a cheesy late season midweek affair. I thought the subs started being made (by us) a little late in the game considering the pressure we were courting. Johnstone showing that he has a fetish for fisting still :blush:

The three points are crucial - and I was thrilled with the win. I can't help feeling that, for all the toothless endeavour from the 'super hoops,' that we kind of got away with one last night. The form is great... the defence appears solid. I just wonder how it would have turned out against Newcastle last night. Still work to be done, but I'm wallowing in pride at our string of recent results. Long may those results continue.

We need better music to come out to at the start of the game.

• Like 2

Surprised about the comments on Bacuna, I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. He gave us an energy in the midfield pressing defenders and getting up and down the pitch all game for us. He was dead on his feet by the end.

Overall a tough game to watch but the midfield/defence did their job brilliantly and we've come away with yet another win. Fatigue was clearly setting in tonight with two games in 4 days.

Playoffs here we come :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

For such a turgid, weak display where we were battered, it doesn't seem it from this! QPR had 1 decent header, and that was it!

sorry rodders, my phone had a moment!

Edited by Mjvilla

6 hours ago, Ponky said:

It's really getting hard in these threads to distinguish the sarcastic bastards from the genuinely miserable bastards! 

:D

Let's not forget the extremely sarcastic genuinely miserable bastards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Anyway one question....so thats 4 straight games that we have won without conceding, when was the last time that happened?

1983 (Four 1-0 home wins). 

Sorry I had read that as 4 straight home games earlier. We last won 4 games without conceding in 2009 (3-0 Hull (h), 1-0 Manchester United (a), 2-0 Sunderland (a) & 1-0 Stoke (h).   

Edited by John

Why the hell is no news outlet officially giving Bacuna the assist?  Is it because he went on his snot just before it went to Kodjia and it's therefore not being deemed a pass?  Doesn't matter.  I think it was a pass but that's immaterial.  He was the Villa player who touched it before Kodjia, ergo assist.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why the hell is no news outlet officially giving Bacuna the assist?  Is it because he went on his snot just before it went to Kodjia and it's therefore not being deemed a pass?  Doesn't matter.  I think it was a pass but that's immaterial.  He was the Villa player who touched it before Kodjia, ergo assist.

I thought it was Adomah anyway.. :wacko:

Edited by Paddywhack

5 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Our fans were so negative in the ground. The vocal minority at least. It's just very silent so you can hear misery guts from across the ground.

Was surprised with the crowd last night. I know QPR had a small following but I still expected over 30k there last night.

Excellent for the first 15, solid for the next 45, very frayed and scrappy for the last 30.  Win ugly? Who cares it is another win on the books.  Kodjia is on fire- had no doubt he would score. Showed a lot of character and effort- even if the performance was ropey in the second half. I would give the entire back 4 the MOTM yesterday- Taylor in particular was excellent. 

Â