17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Shows how daft/tight this league is

9 days ago we were 4 points in front of cardiff, we are now 4 behind, an 8 point swing in 2 games for us & 3 for them. Wolves haven't won this yet & anyone down to QPR can make the play-offs

They were also 9 points ahead of before the Boro game. It's a crazy league. 

Despite some thinking the bottom has fallen out of our world, last 7 games Form for the Top 6 is

Cardiff 17 Points

Fulham 17 Points

Villa 16 Points 

Wolves 12 Pounts

Derby 10 Points

Bristol 7 Points.

Not exactly failing, in my view.

• Like 3

Just now, terrytini said:

Despite some thinking the bottom has fallen out of our world, last 7 games Form for the Top 6 is

Cardiff 17 Points

Fulham 17 Points

Villa 16 Points 

Wolves 12 Pounts

Derby 10 Points

Bristol 7 Points.

Not exactly failing, in my view.

I don't think it's the results that have worried people. It's more how poor we look without Grealish and Adomah. I'm sure as long as Grealish returns soon we will be back to our best. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'm willing to put money on Cardiff bottling it when the absolute crunch time comes, another 4 loss streak or something will happen. 

hope you are right! Soon too please.

When Fulham have played Preston by the 10th of march they only plays teams from 10th and below. We still have to play wolves, Cardiff and Derby. Need a gap on them.

Cardiff have 4 games vs low position teams at the end of the season, after they play us.

But at the end of the season its better to play a team safe of relegation, but no hope of promotion, than play a side fighting for their life. But in the championship not many teams are in that position 2-4 games before the season ends. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Funny how us drawing last night was catastrophic yet tonight the mighty Wolves, Derby, Bristol City, And Fulham have done the same.

Maybe draws just happen and maybe there’s lots of permutations for ALL involved.

You mean Wolves - who are 2 or 3 points ahead of everybody else, can even lose a couple and still win the League?

Derby, who are one point behind us, and have done extremely well to climb up the table from where they were?

Bristol City who are punching above weight, and Fulham who have been on fire for a few weeks on end to get within touching distance?

I don't get how this has any bearing on our dreadful performance, set up, tactics or pissing away of 3 points.

If we miss out on automatic promotion do we get the points any of those dropped as a bonus?

Go away Terry :P

What makes our push for the playoffs so amazing is that our players are actually artists.

However this season they have slacked off their day job and have been told to pull their finger out.

The result is we have started drawing much more often.

Warnock makes bruce look like the tactically inept manager he is. Both of them are 'dinosaurs' according to some on here, yet look where cardiff are with a shoestring budget - they keep winning. We have spent extraordinary amounts for a championship team, yet two players get injured and we crumble. If we get top 2 i would be stunned. Im sure we will finish top 6, but wont get past the semis as we cannot handle pressure against the top sides. We have historically been bottlers in our recent history which i fear is yet to continue under bruce

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What makes our push for the playoffs so amazing is that our players are actually artists.

However this season they have slacked off their day job and have been told to pull their finger out.

The result is we have started drawing much more often.

You’ve won once in 12 games - hope you beat Cardiff but can’t see It  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

You’ve won once in 12 games - hope you beat Cardiff but can’t see It  

That just means we're overdue ;)

Those 12 do also include 2 games against Man City and a match where we played- in some positions- players as low as 6th choice against a full strength Watford. 1 in 9 still isn't great though.

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Warnock makes bruce look like the tactically inept manager he is. Both of them are 'dinosaurs' according to some on here, yet look where cardiff are with a shoestring budget - they keep winning. We have spent extraordinary amounts for a championship team, yet two players get injured and we crumble. If we get top 2 i would be stunned. Im sure we will finish top 6, but wont get past the semis as we cannot handle pressure against the top sides. We have historically been bottlers in our recent history which i fear is yet to continue under bruce

Cardiff are still spending big on wages, Tomlin is on nearly 30k a week which is top end money for this league, certainly not a shoestring budget. 

Will be interesting if they don't go up as I think this is their last season with parachute payments.