17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Of the last 18 games played by the Top 6 there have only been 6 Wins, and 3 of those were the 3 played by Cardiff.

From the 15 played by the rest, Bristol and Derby have none, and Fulham, Wolves, and ourselves, have 1 Win each.

Its not just us having a wobble and we aren’t the only fans/team to be feeling the pressure !

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

Of the last 18 games played by the Top 6 there have only been 6 Wins, and 3 of those were the 3 played by Cardiff.

From the 15 played by the rest, Bristol and Derby have none, and Fulham, Wolves, and ourselves, have 1 Win each.

Its not just us having a wobble and we aren’t the only fans/team to be feeling the pressure !

It’s a shame as we really could have taken advantage. For me if we don’t win at Wednesday the white flag has been waved for second

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It’s a shame as we really could have taken advantage. For me if we don’t win at Wednesday the white flag has been waved for second

Don't agree. It's important and we'd be a way behind, but who's to say Cardiff won't have another wobble and we pick up again after Wednesday. It ain't over til that porky dame warbles.

21 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Don't agree. It's important and we'd be a way behind, but who's to say Cardiff won't have another wobble and we pick up again after Wednesday. It ain't over til that porky dame warbles.

Possibly but if it doesn't its play offs for us and I dont  fancy us as we seem to crumble under pressure. 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

15 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

If we are seven points behind Cardiff sunday we are in big trouble. Why should Cardiff have another wobble? A few good teams have at the end of the season, most teams don't. 2 points pr game for cardiff in the last 12 games (afther this weekend) and we need 31 points. Thats ten wins and a draw..

Few games later we play wolves, and could be ten points from second. With nine games left its over. Even if we win the last nine.

If seven points behind on sunday and Cardiff only gets 1,5 points pr game, Cardiff have a wobble, we still need more than 2 points pr game in our last 12 games.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t agree.

As my Post shows, lots of teams have ‘struggled’ recently..... its a dog fight and will be until the end, in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Take advantage of what? Being second? If we had just dropped points to two shit teams I would admit we blew a great opportunity. But we have to accept we can't win every game and we got 1 point against 2 good teams.

If we do not get at least 7 points from the next 3 then that's a different story as they are 3 weak teams. 

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

I'm probably being thick but those stats just threw me. Could you expand please?

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm probably being thick but those stats just threw me. Could you expand please?

I think what Terry is saying is that if you look at the last three games for the top six clubs, Cardiff have won all of them, while the other five clubs have been faltering. 

We’ve won one of our last three (as have Wolves and Fulham). Derby and Bristol are having even worse form.

Basically, the top six are all having wobbles in form, Cardiff being the exception.

• Like 2

We are a team that can win 4 or 5 on the bounce quite easily. It will be tough though especially with our injuries. I've always maintained that we will finish 3rd (I am pretty sure I have anyway) and I still think we will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Take advantage of what? Being second? If we had just dropped points to two shit teams I would admit we blew a great opportunity. But we have to accept we can't win every game and we got 1 point against 2 good teams.

If we do not get at least 7 points from the next 3 then that's a different story as they are 3 weak teams. 

Extending our lead from those chasing as Derby and Fulham have been dropping points. Yes we know we wont win every game that is obvious. But if we had won one of those games it would have been handy 

26 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We are a team that can win 4 or 5 on the bounce quite easily. It will be tough though especially with our injuries. I've always maintained that we will finish 3rd (I am pretty sure I have anyway) and I still think we will.

My sentiments too.

However I can't see us winning playoffs.