17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Fulham 1 up already. Their form is unreal.

Their last defeat? 1-0 at Sunderland of all places. The game they won to avoid going a whole calendar year with no wins. Unbelievable 

On Saturday we could have gone 10 ahead and killed them off - now it could be just 2 points between us tonight -bad news indeed.

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think that’s fair, but then didn’t he only ever play for Alex Ferguson? Would be a brave man to do that!

maybe....but he has a point.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yep, the momentum they have now could easily see them win all of their tricky games they have coming up, which will in turn put them in the driving seat to clinch second place and I wouldnt bet against them staying there. If that is the case though, id rather that than play them in the playoffs.

I agree , Fulham are going up in my opinion - either 2nd or play offs , I just hope we get 2nd place as I don’t see us beating Fulham in any play offs .if we got them 

Plenty of time on the season for Fulham to struggle, they aren’t supermen.

We have just come off 7 Wins, we can do it again. 

At present all we’ve had is a blip, not a slump.

I thought us too far out to be in contention for 2nd, but since we’ve done it we are every bit as much in contention as anyone else.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Plenty of time on the season for Fulham to struggle, they aren’t supermen.

We have just come off 7 Wins, we can do it again. 

At present all we’ve had is a blip, not a slump.

I thought us too far out to be in contention for 2nd, but since we’ve done it we are every bit as much in contention as anyone else.

Yep, after tonight Fulham have Wolves, Derby, Sheff Utd and Preston. If they come through tonight and those with 10+ points I’ll be wary of them.

• Like 1

@TRO I thought it better not to quote your whole Post but I would say, I’m not ‘blaming’ the Manager as such, other than to the degree one would always expect the Manager to have some responsibility for any result.

Bruces methods were getting us nowhere - then they deserved severe criticism in my view. But they have proven very successful recently so in my view that’s that. Like his methods or not they can work.

I was more pointing out the flaws in that method- if we played a different way and dropped points I’d likely point out the flaws in that method too.

I was also addressing the view that the players aren’t so good. Not blaming the manager as such but suggesting one of the weaknesses of his chosen method.

Apart from - in my view- excessive caution I don’t see much else to knock him for the last two games.

Players missing, tough opponents, every team will slip up. It happens. Long way to go and we DO have quality in my view,