17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

This just makes no sense I’m sorry.

There are so many points to play for, any crowing or crying by any Club is premature by about 6 weeks unless a team has a really big slump.

We are about 25 points away from automatic promotion, 39 to play for currently. We are now without our main threats, for god know how long for, and playing like we were at the beginning of the season. You don’t get promoted by drawing to Preston at home (just!), I don’t care how good they are at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tayls said:

We are about 25 points away from automatic promotion, 39 to play for currently. We are now without our main threats, for god know how long for, and playing like we were at the beginning of the season. You don’t get promoted by drawing to Preston at home (just!), I don’t care how good they are at the moment. 

Give up then

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Who’s to say Grealish and snodgrass won’t be back this weekend . 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Pretty sure I read Grealish and Adomah are not fit for this saturday, but Snodgrass was ill and should be fine. 

Bruce said last night both doubtful but Grealish is not far away .

the worry is bringing him back too soon and then losing him long term 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cardiff lost 4 in a row in a December. Even we ain't had that kind of blip.

Difference is, they were so consistent up until then they could afford that sort of blip, just as Wolves could.

Their blip, is just that.

Whereas in our case, we need to go on title winning runs just to keep up.

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You said “ we will never close that gap”..... it’s hugely premature regardless of how you feel about how we played last night or Saturday...presumably you aren’t including the week before when you say we are playing like the beginning of the season ?

But if you need more reasons, take your own view on board.....” you don’t get promoted drawing to Preston st Home...

Fulham 2 Preston 2

Bristol City 1 Preston 2

Cardiff 0 Preston 1:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Plenty of games left. Cardiff still have to play Bristol, Brentford, Derby, Sheff Utd, Wolves and us.

They’re doing well at the moment, but their most recent defeats were against QPR and Bolton. They are capable of slip ups. They will slip up again.

Long way to go yet.

• Like 4