17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are like Leicester. Everyone is saying they will drop off eventually but they keep winning. 

They have a great team spirit. 

We had made up 10 points in 10 games on them up until last week when they won 4 in 10 so they are not that great A team spirit - they lost 4 in a row on that run .

now we have slipped up and they have got on a run again - we must do our job and get the required points - Cardiff will have another bad run looking at their fixtures .

• Like 1

None of the teams we are competing against look special....even Wolves are now dropping points.

Cardiff are looking strong with Marko Gruic in the middle....

We just have to make sure WE are doing our bit

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

What makes our push for the playoffs so amazing is that our players are actually artists.

However this season they have slacked off their day job and have been told to pull their finger out.

The result is we have started drawing much more often.

Well I thought Artists ,paint

but when I checked your squad, there was no Constable, Picasso or Leonardo di Vinci.....playing for you.:)

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

None of the teams we are competing against look special....even Wolves are now dropping points.

Grujic is a great signing for them. He holds the team together for them. No surprise they have turned it on since he came into the side. 

Last night was a bit of a kick in the balls for us.  I wasn't there, but our keeper is really letting us down at the moment.

I'm not worried about promotion, but the title is a little more in doubt now.

When we kick off on Saturday the gap will probably only be six points, and you all know how hard Fulham away is at the moment.

After that we still have to play Villa and Cardiff away, and Derby at home.

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would have sent Onomah back and gone for him, knew this would be a good signing 

12 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Last night was a bit of a kick in the balls for us.  I wasn't there, but our keeper is really letting us down at the moment.

When we kick off on Saturday the gap will probably only be six points, and you all know how hard Fulham away is at the moment.

Didnt realise you have dropped 9 points in the last 6 games. Hopefully this continues as we could really do with you joining the pack.

Cant see it though, you are too good to have a repeat of the last 6.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Didnt realise you have dropped 9 points in the last 6 games. Hopefully this continues as we could really do with you joining the pack.

Cant see it though, you are too good to have a repeat of the last 6.

Yeah it's not been great!

The only thing in our favour now is that games are running out.  Villa in third are 13 points behind us with 13 to play, so you'd have to gain a point a game on us for the rest of the season, which is possible, but a bit of a tall order.

Just noticed that you have to play Cardiff still, that could be huge for you.  Cardiff still have to play us as well, and we'll want the title, so with any luck we'll help each other out!

25 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Possible Cardiff will close the gap to 6 points on you at the weekend - the tickly bit beckons 

Edited by Eastie

38 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Grujic is a great signing for them. He holds the team together for them. No surprise they have turned it on since he came into the side. 

Yet he was the one sacrificed at half time to make way for Gary Madine, who went on to set up the only goal.

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Possible Cardiff will close the gap to 6 points on you at the weekend - the tickly bit beckons 

Yeah, that's what I said in the quote you posted :D

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Indeed TRO, and it was looking like they would too.

Our oppurtunity was missed by losing to Fulham and dropping points against Preston, had we won both games we would only be 8 points behind by now.

That said, it is safe to say we can now definately write off chasing 1st as we just seem too inconsistent to realistically maintain a strong challenge for 1st, we now need to battle again to claw back 2nd.

Very frustrating but we just have to keep plugging on.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I think we’ve learned that these situations can turn on a dime and making any predictions is next to useless.

Absolutely, too many twists and turns in this league. There have been all season and it will continue to be right to the wire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not quite correct though as Cardiff play on Sunday ;)

haha, good point.

Happy days then, we'll be 12 points clear on Saturday, Fulham are awful right?

RIGHT?!