17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You talk about easy runs - our next ten aside from Fulham and Wolves includes Preston, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland, Bolton, Hull, Reading and Norwich. 

The run in is tough but carry on playing as we are and maybe, just maybe, we put it to bed by then bar the shouting. 

Just realised Preston are 7th! That could be a tricky game. 

29 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

No games should be seen as easy. Respect the opposition just enough to not be complacent, keep the focus and destroy them. Gently.

Just for reference I don't think they will be easy games, there are genuinely no easy games in the Championship. 

I was talking in relative terms to people talking about other teams having 'easy' runs. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Next week is huge, been repeating myself for ages I know but Fulham (5th) away, Preston (7th) at home and Sheff Weds (annoying!) away in 8 days Sat - Tues - Sat. Could have a little buffer by then or equally we could get dragged back into the playoffs. Every game is massive.

• Like 1

I **** up that sequence of posts a little. 

My point was to say that if you think Cardiff have an 'easy' run in March or whatever, take a look at this. Essentially to say our destiny is our own hands, we have an opportunity coming up to blow the competition away. 

Obviously I hope we take it. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder where we'd be if we had a fully fit Grealish and Kodija all season. I reckon we'd be challenging Wolves now. 

Edit: it's almost like Wolves losing Neves for half a season and Jota for most the season. 

I made a similar comment in the Kodjia thread. I think Jack’s injury has focussed his mind somewhat though. It’s a good point to make though.

• Like 1

Still not ruling Fulham out. Cardiff will slip away I think but will easily be in the playoffs and arent a team I'd want to play should we be in them too. I can see Bristol City collapsing - that Sunderland result screams "us 2-0 up at home to stoke in injury time" to me.

Between us, Derby and Fulham for 2nd, and 2 of those plus Cardiff and Boro for the playoffs I reckon.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder where we'd be if we had a fully fit Grealish and Kodija all season. I reckon we'd be challenging Wolves now. 

Edit: it's almost like Wolves losing Neves for half a season and Jota for

most the season. 

And Jedi for the season until now. And not lost Terry for as long as we did.
Basically the entire spine of the team has been gone for a large part of the season.

I have no doubt we would be challenging Wolves if that hadn't happened and we still may in spite of it.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

More than tricky.

Won 4 and Drawn 4 of their last 8 Away - including beating Cardiff.

Given the run we’ve had and the fixtures to come 3 Points ( or even 2) would be a decent return from Fulham and Preston, then kick on again. More than that would be absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

A Fulham win and we become the bottlers, will be a real test of mentality as it could really knock us. 

Not in my view.

A team doesn’t become “ bottlers” just by losing a game, particularly Away against a very good side in Form. A Point would be excellent, a defeat understandable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

A Fulham win and we become the bottlers, will be a real test of mentality as it could really knock us. 

Might depend on the nature of the game. Get turned over and doubts might creep in. Give Fulham a good game and lose by the odd goal and it will be fine. 

I think we'll get a point. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Not in my view.

A team doesn’t become “ bottlers” just by losing a game, particularly Away against a very good side in Form. A Point would be excellent, a defeat understandable. 

For sure, but 7 wins on the trot is unchartered territory, not saying we won’t handle it but at this point we’ve nothing to compare it to. Maybe going for 4th under MON?