17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

After 6 games this season we were 10 points behind Cardiff. They have been steadily picking up the points, but I'm not that worried about them to be honest. 

Fulham are still the team I'm looking at. However beat them on Saturday and it would take a complete collapse for them to catch us. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Nice one dem ;)

‘can you do the same with the Cardiff boro game :)

Hahaha the kiss of death.

I am actually stunned derby lost that. Fantastic news for us. If we somehow manage a win Saturday we move 4 points clear of them 

Come.on villa !!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

After 6 games this season we were 10 points behind Cardiff. They have been steadily picking up the points, but I'm not that worried about them to be honest. 

Fulham are still the team I'm looking at. However beat them on Saturday and it would take a complete collapse for them to catch us. 

Cardiff blew it at xmas really.

When you think going into the xmas games they were 7 points clear of us, we were having a really poor spell of form they could've easily put us away there and then and been not far off Wolves but they lost four in a row.

They'll still pick up results but if people are seriously worried about them just look at their fixtures from mid March to mid April and that should put people at ease.

I was much more worried about Derby last few weeks and they've blown up right on cue like clockwork.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Cardiff are dangerous but they do have 3 hard games coming up in Boro, Ipswich and Bristol City. They have an easy March before facing Us, Wolves and Sheff Utd.

Wouldn't even say they have an easy March. They play Brentford away who could easily take a draw off them and then got Derby away a week later. Derby will probably pick up by then with second not really a target anymore. 

You talk about easy runs - our next ten aside from Fulham and Wolves includes Preston, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland, Bolton, Hull, Reading and Norwich. 

The run in is tough but carry on playing as we are and maybe, just maybe, we put it to bed by then bar the shouting. 

It is certainly a good run of games for a team in form but Sheff Weds will be more confident after tonight and Bolton also have a knack of beating top 6 teams at home and we only narrowly beat them at VP so can see those being draws.

Overall though I'd be massively disappointed if we weren't comfortably second at the end of the Reading game on April 3rd. Let's say we're on 77 points by then so that would be 5 wins and two draws and would leave us needing maybe only more wins from our final 6 (and a few more draws) to secure second.