17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

If they beat us they would be onky 4 points behind us. Therefore I think its important to not lose the match. A point would be good as unless we absolutely implodes fulham would need to win a awful amount of games to finish 2nd

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Me too. There's 2 lots of 3 games in 8 days coming up for everyone. 6 games - 18 points it could look a lot different up the top in 3/4 weeks time. Fulham, Preston, Sheff Weds and Wolves in that run for us. Not easy.

Its where our inferior squad quality and depth will pay dividends.  

7 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Well, last night was not entirely unexpected to be fair.

We've not played well for a while now but have scraped draws and the odd win.

It was starting to look like it was more important to not lose to keep the undefeated run going than to win games, so this loss might actually be a good thing for us.

I don't expect a bottling job either, i think we'll improve a little bit from here on in. not enough to catch you lot but more than enough for top six.

There is no meltdown on the https://dcfcfans.uk/forum/4-rams-talk/  forum either, i suggest you read threads like Expectation v Reality, Monkey off our Backs, Kick Up The... for majority views. There's always going to be the odd idiot who goes into clearing in the woods mode though, you have them on here as well I see :)

We have Leeds at home next week, I shall make the long trip up from Sussex with the missus for that one.

Oh, just for clarity, I don't come on here to troll or be provocative, i like to try and put my opinion over as a fan of another club, and my eldest son (25) is a massive Villa fan and we've been to Villa Park and Pride Park many times together. And yes, I do wear his spare Villa scarf in the Upper Holte and cheer them on as loud as the next man, unless you're playing us like last year when i had to hide my frustration and disappointment. It's a long old drive when you've lost :(

Ideal scenario in our house is both teams go up.

With all due respect why would want to read if derby fans have gone into meltdown or not? 

With derby dont mind them. wouldnt mind If you came up via the play offs I have no problem with that as I like rowett think he is a nice chap and a good manager.

But obviously for me it's all about villa finish in 2nd now 

25 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I found this forum accidentally and at that time I wasn't a Villa fan. I didn't come on here to troll or be provocative, same as you. 

Then when I came here every single day to talk to people, I technically became a Villa fan.

I can see you are being converted, without you noticing that. B)

How can you find a villa talk forum accidentally ;)

admit it you were desperate to join us :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m more interested in the meltdown of the Bristol fans than Derby’s. I have no bad blood towards Derby, in fact I’ve always liked them. Bristol were fine by me until that scab Johnson got his knickers in a twist when we thumped them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

I found this forum accidentally and at that time I wasn't a Villa fan. I didn't come on here to troll or be provocative, same as you. 

Then when I came here every single day to talk to people, I technically became a Villa fan.

I can see you are being converted, without you noticing that. B)

You do know that you cannot convert a football fan right?  Good/Bad, Success/Failure, Joy and Sadness, these trials and tribulations are what it's all about. 

Doesn't mean you can't like other clubs though, and i quite like Villa. 

I despise Leicester though, more so than Forest who are more deserving of sympathy given the state of them.

Oh, and Demitri, each to their own eh? I quite like browsing other teams forums, particularly after a game against them, to see how they view it. Can get a bit insular otherwise, unbalanced.

LTLF, the Forest forum is always funny though, for me. 

Edited by ColonelBlimp
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Its where our inferior squad quality and depth will pay dividends.  

Agree with this. Just look at the players that didn't even make the bench against Blues such as Samba, Lansbury, Davis. 

With everyone but Kodija fit we are well equipped for the business end of the season. 

Edit: I know what you meant ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree with this. Just look at the players that didn't even make the bench against Blues such as Samba, Lansbury, Davis. 

With everyone but Kodija fit we are well equipped for the business end of the season. 

Edit: I know what you went ;)

I knew what he meant, but not what ( where ?) he went ....:P

Amazing how pedantic one can be sat at home poorly lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: I know what you went ;)

:) yes that could have been structured better.  Sort of still makes sense in a round about way

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

You do know that you cannot convert a football fan right?  Good/Bad, Success/Failure, Joy and Sadness, these trials and tribulations are what it's all about. 

I despise Leicester though, more so than Forest who are more deserving of sympathy given the state of them.

Oh, and Demitri, each to their own eh? I quite like browsing other teams forums, particularly after a game against them, to see how they view it. Can get a bit insular otherwise, unbalanced.

I agree on leciester cant stand them.  Was brilliant knocking them out of the cup few years ago.

Right. Next 6 games. Obviously Derby have already played so I've just done there next 5 games. 

Fulham 

Villa, Bristol City (a), Wolves, Derby County (a), Sheffield United, PNE (a)

Cardiff 

Boro, Ipswich (a), Bristol City, Brentford (a), Barnsley, Birmingham

Derby

Leeds, Reading (a), Fulham, QPR (a), Forest (a)

AVFC

Fulham (a), PNE, Sheff Wed (a), QPR, Sunderland (a), Wolves

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Right. Next 6 games. Obviously Derby have already played so I've just done there next 5 games. 

Fulham 

Cardiff 

Derby

AVFC

Fulham have got a hoorendous run of games coming up. if they are within a few points of automatic after the preston game i think they could seriously finish 2nd.

Cardiff have some much favorable games

Derby have hit some poor form right before some big games. Forest away will be tough for them 

34 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Fulham 

Cardiff 

Derby

AVFC

From those games I reckon

Fulham - 9 points
Cardiff - 12 points
Derby -  10 points
AVFC - 12 points

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I hope you have similar effect as the lad from Bristol who popped up a few weeks ago - they’ve won one in 10 since :)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Fulham 

Cardiff 

Derby

AVFC

Wow - Fulham and derby have some tough games ahead - not too worried about Cardiff - could be a chance to open a decent gap .

i could see derby struggling to get 5 points from those 5 games 

Edited by Eastie