17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Nice colour scheme but it’s pretty strange to have the league position plotted “upside down”.

That's the main issue I ran into when I moved it from Excel to Google Drive. Can't figure out how to get it back either.

• Like 1

Just saw this vid on youtube

Emphasises how important promotion is this year (& how screwed Sunderland are).

Of the 7 highest paid players in the Championship we have:

7th - Snodgrass £42k / week
6th - Jedinak £45k / week
4th - Richards £50k / week
3rd - Agbonlahor £54k / week
2nd - Terry £60k / week

The video also suggests McCormack would make the list if he wasn't out on loan...which of course he now isn't.

The cover of the video gives away who 5th & 1st are by the way.

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

2nd - Terry £60k / week

The video also suggests McCormack would make the list if he wasn't out on loan...which of course he now isn't.

At least we will be saving 54k a week on gabby come summer. He will be lucky to get half of that anywhere else. 

Richards feck you donkey 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

2nd - Terry £60k / week

I was under the impression that both Richards and Gabby have had their wages reduced because we got relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It also shows how well Wolves have done in the transfer market to have such quality yet only one player (who is probably the best player in the league) in the top 7.

The thing is if they didn't have Mendes they wouldn't have had a chance of signing any of those players therefore I think its more a smart move they brought Mendes in then the clubs business as such. 

I don’t disbelieve those numbers as such (all look very believable) but where have they got them from? Just media speculation? (Haven’t watched the video so if they make clear they’ve done some real investigation then fair play).

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

2nd - Terry £60k / week

Wow. McCormack in same bracket with Borini.

Jack Rodwell on £70k a week at Sunderland! Wow. They are in financial shit street with most of the other hanger on'ers thieving a wage ala Joleen Lescott and alike.

On his 5 year contract thanks to Tim Sherwood we will have paid Micah Richards £10m in wages by the end of next season when his contact expires. Outrageous.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Imagine earning 50k a week and not even being that particularly good at your job! Like I mean what standard is Richards currently at on a playing level really? League 1 or 2? Lower then that? Non league?!

Lower than League 2, based on this evidence vs a League 2 team:

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

2nd - Terry £60k / week

That's all conjecture and speculation put together by some bloke in his bedroom (by the sound of the audio quality.)

Also when papers speculate on X amount per week that's always the maximum that a player can make as contracts are structured much more than that. They get a basic wage (e.g. 30% of the touted amount,) they get paid 20% for turning up to training, they get 25% if they are in the 1st team squad,  20% if they play the game, and then 10% more if they hit certain targets (goals, clean sheets etc.) Richards won't be receiving the quoted amounts just sitting around.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That's all conjecture and speculation put together by some bloke in his bedroom (by the sound of the audio quality.)

Also when papers speculate on X amount per week that's always the maximum that a player can make as contracts are structured much more than that. They get a basic wage (e.g. 30% of the touted amount,) they get paid 20% for turning up to training, they get 25% if they are in the 1st team squad,  20% if they play the game, and then 10% more if they hit certain targets (goals, clean sheets etc.) Richards won't be receiving the quoted amounts just sitting around.

Quite. Classic example of fake news if you ask me. Make something up, post it on the Internet and people start reposting and discussing it as if it is authoritative.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Quite. Classic example of fake news if you ask me. Make something up, post it on the Internet and people start reposting and discussing it as if it is authoritative.

Well seeing as "TheAuthority" liked that post, it must be true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feb prediction time.  I predicted a win against Burton so that's already in the bag.

Burton (H) - Win

Blues (H) - Draw

Fulham (A) - Loss

Preston (H) - Win

Sheff W (A) - Win

10 points out of 15 possible would not be too bad although would like to avoid defeat against Fulham.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1