The Manager thread

Xela

On 21/01/2024 at 10:21, sne said:

Some great trolling by Mourinho going to Barcelona. No idea why he's there and highly unlikely to be Barca related but could you imagine? The Barca fans would be in complete meltdown if they signed him :D 

lol ye never happening! They have a chant specially for him, a not very nice one at that!

On 18/01/2024 at 21:07, trekka said:

I was quite saddened to hear the news.  He won't see / hear my message but I'm wishing him all of the very best in his tough journey ahead.  He still speaks fondly of his time managing England and hopefully he will be there for the England v Brasil game. 

Klopp has said he can come and be Liverpool manager for the day, but by doing all his office and paperwork and not getting anywhere the pitch. What a guy

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Klopp leaving Liverpool at end of season. 

wow, thats a shock.

im not overly keen on him, but there is no denying that he is an elite manager.

will be interesting to see who they get to replace him.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

wow, thats a shock.

Alonso seems the obvious choice 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wow, thats a shock.

Steven Gerrard appointed new Al Ettifaq manager after U-turn - ESPN

• Shocked 1

Have to think Liverpool will go for someone like De Zerbi.

Perhaps Tuchel aswell if he leaves Bayern at end of season.

Probably a year too early to go for Xabi Alonso as he'll have other suitors but guess that might be possible.

This is a huge blow for them especially if Salah leaves the same summer. Will certainly drop down a few more places in the league like in 22/23.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think he’d go, he’s been at top clubs and he’s got everything he’s asked for here.  He essentially runs Villa and gets what he wants.  

On top of that, it’s arguable that we are a Top4 level team now.  

Liverpool is a massive draw and much bigger than us but as a job the job difference isn’t that much better than everything he has here, and given he’s been at top clubs before I don’t think he needs that to feel complete, Villa can give him what he wants.

Next Liverpool manager is also going to have to replace Salah and VVD in next year or two and that won't be easy given their general levels in last five years.

I wouldn't say it's a poisoned chalice job but they're clearly going to drop down a few places unless they sign astoundingly well which isn't a given.

UE would probably feel it would be exactly like replacing Wenger at Arsenal and all those pitfalls.

Far more worried about Barca or Real Madrid eventually coming in for Emery as that's a far bigger pull.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

Â