The Manager thread

Xela

Lopetegui turned down lucurative offer to manage in Saudi as he wants another go at managing a Premier League club, he must be pretty confident of his chances, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Forest if they sack Cooper

6 hours ago, useless said:

Lopetegui turned down lucurative offer to manage in Saudi as he wants another go at managing a Premier League club, he must be pretty confident of his chances, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Forest if they sack Cooper

I reckon spurs 

Ange wont last the season if this continues

• Shocked 1

There was talk of Everton's prospective new owners having lined up Lopetegui once their takeover complete, I thought Forest because of the Mendes connection, and he will be allowed to bring in his owner players there, not being able to do so the reason he left Wolves, I can't see any of the top positions becoming available other than maybe at Chelsea, but I don't think they would go for him

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Venables had a weird record after leaving England abruptly (pretty much a hangover from him becoming Spurs CEO, falling out with Alan Sugar and being in court over financial irregularities). 

After leaving England he actually should've still managed at France 98 but Australia blew that 2-0 lead v Iran in the play off. At the same time he was part of a consortium that purchased Portsmouth for a quid and briefly became manager but that didn't last long at all.

Then turned up at Palace but again only lasted a few months as they quickly went into administration. Couple of years out of game just doing punditry for ITV and he had a joint managerial role at Boro and kept them up from a tricky position.

Then failed miserably at Leeds in his big premier league gig replacing O'Leary.

After that I think he was some sort of assistant to McLaren but again that also ended in failure.

That Palace side he had in the eighties played some exhilarating football. Vince Hillare comes to mind.

11 hours ago, useless said:

Could actually see him at Man. United if they go out of CL and lose 3 of their next 4 prem matches. Caretaker role until the end of the season given they interviewed him before giving Ten Hag the job.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Even if Man Utd are of the mind to replace Ten Hag, I think they will just let him see out this season and then make the change in the summer.

Yes the ownership change is complicating things. I also know they're on a really good winning run even if their actual performances like yesterday remain very average.

It can all change quickly though. Lose in Istanbul midweek and they're pretty much out of europe altogether. Hardly much of a stretch to think they'll lose away to Newcastle and Liverpool in the coming weeks and Chelsea at home could go either way so I think they'll be a fair bit off top 4 once we get to new year.

Seen two years ago with Rangnick their squad quickly chuck it in when they know there's a lame duck manager in place so I'm interested how far down the league they could actually drop before axing Ten Hag. As it is they've won 6 of their last 7 and are still only two points ahead of 8th. West ham only 4 points off Man. United aswell.

So according to the gossip the next Sweden (men) national side manager will be current Australia women side manager Tony Gustavsson. Apparently it's all done but has not been shared through the media yet.

Remains to be seen if it's true but that's what I've heard from a few different sources. Not sure how I feel about that one but it fits in with what the Swedish FA would go for.

Meanwhile the papers are running stories about Olof Mellberg being interviewed for the job. I could see him coming in as an assistant.

Edited by sne

On 27/11/2023 at 00:45, useless said:

Newcastle? 👀 

23 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Jürgen being a sensitive prick again.

so happy we have a manager as classy as Unai. 

has no problem when the TV money is paying his salary and signing big money players. Mr Happy strikes again 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posted mainly for the seering disdain included to another idiot ranking Ranieri as one of the worst managers in Prem history, and because it includes Gerrard. 

Edited by Chindie

Â