The Manager thread

Xela

Remember when Pochettino was many people's favorite to replace SG? Look at Chelsea now. I know that Chelsea has many more problems than just the manager, but still...

If it's true that we approached Poch first and he turned us down, that was a very fortunate rejection.

(By the way, Unai had a better record at PSG than Poch did.)

19 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Big statement that but I'm struggling to argue with it

I think key is, " Emery is better than both " FOR US.

Those two are still elite Managers imo.

However, would they be able to do what Unai has, with us? That probably eliminates Pep straight away imo.

Klopp probably closer.

As many have said, sometimes it's just about the right fit.

Postecoglu has made higher profile Managers look like mugs with Tottenham.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TomC said:

Remember when Pochettino was many people's favorite to replace SG? Look at Chelsea now. I know that Chelsea has many more problems than just the manager, but still...

If it's true that we approached Poch first and he turned us down, that was a very fortunate rejection.

I don't think poch would have done bad here but certainly not as well as emery has.

I think poch might still turn it around if given time. Poch should have waited personally

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't think poch would have done bad here but certainly not as well as emery has.

I think poch might still turn it around if given time. Poch should have waited personally

Waited for what? This was the only big job he was getting or had any chance to get

Incredibly overrated

1 hour ago, TomC said:

We've had won games with Poch and he'd have enjoyed developing likes of Ramsey further as UE has.

Chelsea have just completed imploded from the top in last 18 months and it's a glorious watch.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Waited for what? This was the only big job he was getting or had any chance to get

Incredibly overrated

There is not one manager or player that is not overrated to you. 😆

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Incredibly overrated

In terms of trophies yes but you cant argue he did well at bith Southampton and spurs.

PSG he w as disappointing but in English football he has done well

interesting video from James Allcott, doing a pyramid ranking of every current PL manager, worth noting it is specifically a pyramid, so they put a few managers here and there, then went back and specifically raised/dropped people to create a pyramid of ability.

for convenience and those who cba to watch the video, this is the pyramid they chose:

image.png.a60fcb8ff07c3c6c6ce80f4f7d807690.png

video if anyone wants to watch.

2 hours ago, catanzaro said:

What I love about Emery is his sustainable approach.. I watched Newcastle tonight and it was so fast paced right from the off and no plan b.. I am now convinced our team will be stronger than theirs going in to April and May.. those Newcastle players will be f*cked..

Newcastle have special supplements to help with that...apparently 

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Newcastle have special supplements to help with that...apparently 

A Wolves side fuelled by monkey glands were going ‘to run Portsmouth off the field’ – but Pompey won 4-1. 

Link

On 05/11/2023 at 13:14, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Phil Neville linked with the Portland Timbers job much to the dismay of their fans. It amazes me how someone so dim and with such an awful record keeps getting opportunities. It's not even like Steve Bruce who was capable of doing average jobs. Must be a masonic pull or something.

They hired him and now the fans want him sacked over his previous sexist tweets

Good strategy from the fans as they aren't going to sack him over his dreadful ability after just hiring him

• Like 1

Â