Pre match chat

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

IF it's 3-5-2, I hope people give it a chance. It's very difficult to just switch to 3 at the back. There's every chance it could go badly wrong tonight, but be ok in the long run.

I hope the same message applies to Bruce. He needs to start committing to a plan, one that he sees us starting next year playing. 

10 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Desperately need a win here now 

If only to disappoint all the pricks at SkyScumSport who think we are a guaranteed loss

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

@Grasshopper I think it was you that wanted Steve Bruce to 'grow a pair'. Does this line up suggest his gonads are swelling?

I am pretty sure they will be in for a damn good kicking if it doesn't work! 

• Like 2

Certainly looks like 3 at the back, has either Chester or Elphick ever played at right back? Baker should be good on the left of the 3, but if neither of those two have played at right back much then it could be a weakness. If we go long with that line up then we're **** stupid, so that's good, we should be able to keep the ball and move it around with that midfield. It's interesting, can only be a 4 at the back if one of the centre backs is being used as a holding player in midfield. Then it'd be a diamond and 4-4-2.... hmmmm.

7 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Very odd looking 11 selected there. Bizarre choices. 

Haven't got a clue what's gonna happen today.

Yet again with Villa (and it hasn't just been Bruce). I look at the line-up and I am entirely unsure of the formation. Because whichever way you arrange it, at least one or two players will be playing in a position that they really shouldn't. 

If that team is playing in a 4-4-2, we will have the worst left flank in the whole of English football, with a centre-back playing out of position at full back and a guy who offers as much resistance as that paper bit they used to swing through on Gladiators in front of him. 

If it's a 3-5-2, it should at least be more solid, but Bjarnason still has a lot of convincing to do that he can cover enough ground and actually make some tackles. I can't really see how he's a better choice than Amavi. I guess it's up to him to prove me wrong - a lot of proving to do after what looked like the worst debut for many a year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

Yet again with Villa (and it hasn't just been Bruce). I look at the line-up and I am entirely unsure of the formation. Because whichever way you arrange it, at least one or two players will be playing in a position that they really shouldn't. 

3-5-2 and no-one is out of position surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Who's out of position? Genuine question, I don't know enough about most of the new lads to know where they can and can't play.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Who's out of position? Genuine question, I don't know enough about most of the new lads to know where they can and can't play.

Well Westwood is usually out of position, oh wait...

Sorry, old habit.

• Like 1