Pre match chat

Demitri_C

Another glorious bumming live and exclusive on Sky Sports. Glad I'm out doing other things this weekend. Starting to get that 'why bother' feeling again as hardly anything seems to be really changing for the better. Different faces, but same old <mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Forest 1 nil. McCormack to score in the 89th minute.

Neither McCormack nor Tish can play against us as we are only loaning them to Forest. Whether that is a good thing or not is open to debate. 

• Like 1

We last lost at Forest in 1992. We have since gone 6 games unbeaten at The City Ground.

This is a must win game for us. We need to win to restore a bit of pride away from home, to stop our new signings falling into the habit of seeing defeat away from Villa Park as inevitable in the way those players alongside them have come to do and to show those watching on SKY that we will not continue indefinitely to be an easy touch away from home. 

I would make three changes from the team that started the Brentford debacle. These would be Bree for Hutton, Jedinak for Green and Hogan for Bjarnason with Jack, Andre and Birkir available to come off the bench to put the game out of sight in the last half hour. What could possibly go wrong or any worse than our previous away games this year?   

12 minutes ago, John said:

We last lost at Forest in 1992. We have since gone 6 games unbeaten at The City Ground.

This is a must win game for us.

I really don't think it is.

It doesn't matter, as promotion is not happening this season and we will gain enough points at home for a mid-table finish.

• Like 4

Away from home, live on TV.  Great, I put £50 on Brentford last night and I will be putting £50 on Forest for this. There is no chance our collection of overpaid misfits will do anything other than embarrass themselves in front of the nation.

Anyone know if Jed steer is fit again yet ?

I would go -

Johnstone

bree     Chester      Baker    Taylor 

Jedinak 

lansbury    Hourihane    Grealish 

Hogan kodija 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I really don't think it is.

It doesn't matter, as promotion is not happening this season and we will gain enough points at home for a mid-table finish.

It's not so much about promotion as giving us a bit of pride back, stopping the rot by winning away from home and getting the players mentality away from that of accepting an away defeat as the most likely outcome when they travel away. 

Johnstone

Bree    Chester       Baker       Taylor

Jedinak

Lansbury       Hourihane

Green                                    Kodjia

Hogan  

If i see hutton on the starting team sheet again I ain't watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

^ No Hogan?

Not for me yet, no.  I want to see how the above team plays first.  Kodjia is a lone wolf and that midfield has enough about it.  We can't shoe-horn everyone into the side without affecting its balance.  So someone misses out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not for me yet, no.  I want to see how the above team plays first.  Kodjia is a lone wolf and that midfield has enough about it.  We can't shoe-horn everyone into the side without affecting its balance.  So someone misses out.

We haven't spent that kind of money on a goalscorer not to play him. Hogan will start. 

I actually think we will nick a point here. 1-1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

We haven't spent that kind of money on a goalscorer not to play him. Hogan will start. 

I actually think we will nick a point here. 1-1.

My post wasn't who I think will start.  It's who I want to see starting.