Match Thread: Cardiff v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Pathetic pitiful predictable. Play shit again like most matches. Can we fluke anything from it?

Only really in the Rotherham game have we had a comfortable game with a decent cushion 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of these recent performances are giving me nightmares of RDM.

We've been playing shit since the end of November. We've just been fortunate to play mainly bottom half teams, and have had the likes of Grealish, Kodjia etc winning us points pretty much on their own. Its papered over the cracks.

The games we've played against better teams (Leeds, Norwich) we've looked awful.

I know its fashionable for managers to "give it 15mins" before makimg changes, but that half was so bad, they need to be changes at half time. 

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe we can get a fluke 1-1

Gawd please no... all the ''' but but but but but 2 points under Bruce is still on ''' people will reappear 

Edited by Alakagom

We are not strong enough at the best of times this midfield leaves us exposed even more.

compound that with facing a warnock team.....perfect storm.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just think this team are bottlers complete bottlers

I've always had them down as that.....not all, but most of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

I know its fashionable for managers to "give it 15mins" before makimg changes, but that half was so bad, they need to be changes at half time. 

Totally agree and I think he will. We need a double half time substitution,  this needs to change or we will lose heavily. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Just think this team are bottlers complete bottlers

If as xia suggests we are looking at 4 or 5 incoming players they need to all be starting in the 11 as there are plenty who are lucky to be starting at the moment 

• Like 1

Options at half time

- maybe Tshibola on, but he's too like-for-like to make a difference in my opinion?

- Gabby on for McCormack, so that we don't have to try to pass to feet and can just bang it into the corners?

- Elphick on and push the fullbacks up?

- Ayew maybe for McCormack, he'll still be very isolated, but he runs the channels a lot better and could make something on his own

At the moment, it's not working in the middle of the park, despite us playing everyone in the squad who is available in there with the exception of Tshibola. 

We can't change that, we can't make our midfielders better players at half time, so I think we should give up on the idea of passing it about. I'd consider Gabby and Elphick for Bacuna and McCormack - go 3-4-3 and bang it into the corners.

I have a feeling I might be on my own there!

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

You'd rather we lost to prove people wrong, would you?

Well I was kidding really. But at the end we play shite football, we got few flukey results imho last few games, the luck will run out at some point.