Match Thread: Cardiff v Villa

limpid

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

We are half way there with Bruce finally taking off Westwood and Gardner and hopefully the last we see of them.

He is still persisting with the Gabby idea though.

Yep, must be game over for them now.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Westwood and Gardner both off!

Thats a big slap in the face for both of them.

Also worth noting that it's now twice in 3 games that Gardner has been dragged off at half time, why the hell was he given a new contract. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if Bruce took them both off with the aim of replacing them?

Not with subs. With signings.

Having just given Gardner a new contract I'd expect Bruce sees him as part of his plans .

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if Bruce took them both off with the aim of replacing them?

Not with subs. With signings.

Well, they should have both been in the last-chance saloon anyway, but 'new four-year contract' says they're unlikely to be leaving. 

Doubtless we will sign at least one CM now, though, there's no way the absence of our midfield is going unnoticed at this point. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Well, they should have both been in the last-chance saloon anyway, but 'new four-year contract' says they're unlikely to be leaving. 

Doubtless we will sign at least one CM now, though, there's no way the absence of our midfield is going unnoticed at this point. 

Preferably 2 midfielders will come in and add quality 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Thats a big slap in the face for both of them.

Also worth noting that it's now twice in 3 games that Gardner has been dragged off at half time, why the hell was he given a new contract. 

To be completely fair, he was injured in that other game. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Having just given Gardner a new contract I'd expect Bruce sees him as part of his plans .

Worrying if thats the case. I'm hoping the decision was a business decision from Round rather than a footballing one from Bruce.