Pre match thread - Leeds

Brumstopdogs

7 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

What do you think of Grealish?

He's a frustrating player as there is talent there but he shows it in such small glimmers that you sometimes wonder if he'll ever become what he could be. There's so much potential there it's a shame to hear about him galavanting and stuff... but social media has exposed the personal lives of celebrities like never before. I bet half the stuff that 90s footballers got up to never made the news.

In short, I do like him as a person, and I like him as footballer, I just wish he would show how good he can be on a more regular basis. I'm fairly confident that he will come good though, just needs stability and a good manager which we have now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

What do you think of Grealish?

Very talented player capable of changing a game. Does need to apply himself more. Got to remember he's still only 21 and seems to be improving under Bruce's management. 

Back in the day , the Leeds games would always excite me . When we won promotion with the venerable Saunders , Leeds were our first game of the following season .

I can still remember Leighton Phillips scoring the opener only for them to reply with two second half goals and ruin the whole weekend , mind you they were a classy outfit them day's . Also the year we won the league they were again our opening fixture at Elland Rd , but Villa were now fully acclimatised to first division football and we ran out comfortable 3 _  1 winners ,   and as they say the rest is history .

Let's not forget the 95 league cup final and that wonderful tap in by Savo . Fingers crossed we have a repeat of past glories today .

• Like 2

Start with the team that started the second half on Saturday so Grealish in for Gardner.

McCormack again needs to start off the back of a goal as hopefully it will give him the confidence and he will go on a run. Ayew can again be an option off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

For 60 odd minutes against these at their place we more than held our own and had the better openings it was only a mistake that turned the game. I predict a win either 2-0 or 2-1.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Think they'll beat us.

The atmosphere, considering it was a sell out, was awful on Boxing Day and a repeat of that will just make it comfortable for Leeds (who's fans are guaranteed to make a lot of noise).

If we go a goal down then that will be that. The embarrassing boo boys will return and Leeds could easily humiliate us.

Hope i'm wrong though.

Edited by AVFC44

23 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Start with the team that started the second half on Saturday so Grealish in for Gardner.

I think that would be too bold. It's almost 4-1-3-2 and leaves us with very little in the middle of the park.

Along the same lines I'd have Grealish in for McCormack and  4-2-3-1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that would be too bold. It's almost 4-1-3-2 and leaves us with very little in the middle of the park.

Along the same lines I'd have Grealish in for McCormack and  4-2-3-1.

I think Grealish has now shown he can be disciplined and do the defensive side of the midfield role. For the last 15 minutes or so on Monday he had to play really deep as there was only him and Bacuna in the middle. Alongside Jedinak and Bacuna that should offer a nice blend of protection for the back four, legs and a creative attacking threat. It is probably the best blend of midfield we could pick at the moment.

We'll see but hopefully Bruce will be bold.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think Grealish has now shown he can be disciplined and do the defensive side of the midfield role. For the last 15 minutes or so on Monday he had to play really deep as there was only him and Bacuna in the middle. Alongside Jedinak and Bacuna that should offer a nice blend of protection for the back four, legs and a creative attacking threat. It is probably the best blend of midfield we could pick at the moment.

We'll see but hopefully Bruce will be bold.

I'm not so sure on that. I think Jedinak /Grealish as a central pairing is dreadful. Are you looking at Bacuna more central with Kodjia out left?

Against Burton, Bacuna played left with Kodjia up top and McCormack floating off him, I think Grealish would be perfectly suited to that role and it would let us strengthen the midfield a little playing him there rather than McCormack.

43 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

McCormack again needs to start off the back of a goal as hopefully it will give him the confidence and he will go on a run. Ayew can again be an option off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

For 60 odd minutes against these at their place we more than held our own and had the better openings it was only a mistake that turned the game. I predict a win either 2-0 or 2-1.

no predictions but agreed otherwise.

ayew usually doesnt turn up til the second half , so it makes sense to bench him first half .