Pre match thread - Leeds

Brumstopdogs

Just now, DonRevieTheKing said:

How many season tickets did you sell this season? By the looks of things, your crowds are holding up nicely after relegation.

Not sure of the official number mate (one of my fellow posters might be able to help out) but I understand it was well in excess of 20,000.

not sure why Leeds have not had the full allocation but I assume it's a security decision which is stupid tbf. I think we sold 20k season tickets. Our crowds have been good and we will easily average over 30k, and they call us fickle ;)

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

not sure why Leeds have not had the full allocation but I assume it's a security decision which is stupid tbf. I think we sold 20k season tickets. Our crowds have been good tbf and we will easily average over 30k

Villa, Newcastle, Leeds. The three genuinely big clubs in the league. Forest at a push. Poor support, like but great history. Too many teams are. branded as being big like Sheffield Wednesday, Derby etc. I recall Wednesday averaging 24k in the Premier League and that was in 2000

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

Villa, Newcastle, Leeds. The three genuinely big clubs in the league. Forest at a push. Poor support, like but great history. Too many teams are. branded as being big like Sheffield Wednesday, Derby etc. I recall Wednesday averaging 24k in the Premier League and that was in 2000

They are definitely the big 3. you've got to respect forest  too. i like Wednesday as a club but they are nowhere near us or Leeds. I'd throw in wolves aswell, great club.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the back five pick themselves all being well.

-------------------------Bunn----------------------

Hutton------Chester--------Baker---------Amavi

But beyond that, it's very interesting. 

I think if Gardner has recovered from his knock, then I'd go with:

------------Gardner--------Westwood-------------

Adomah------------Grealish----------------Ayew

----------------------Kodjia-----------------------

But it does seem a bot harsh on him drop Bacuna. 

Anyway,  bench of:

Gollini, Elphick, Jedinak, Bacuna, Gestede, McCormack, Cissokho

These two? Did someone hack your laptop?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

These two? Did someone hack your laptop?

Right now, Gardner can do the Jedinak job as well as Jedinak and Westwood is our most mobile central midfielder. I'd sooner have another two quite frankly, but for me, these are the best two we've got at the moment.

15 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

1-1. Tight affair. You're unbeaten at home this season aren't you? 

As mad as it might seem yes we are. Must admit I like the look of your team this year. You also have a very good manager who's very progressive and can easily hack the premier league imo. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As mad as it might seem yes we are. Must admit I like the look of your team this year. You also have a very good manager who's very progressive and can easily hack the premier league imo. 

A takeover looks imminent as well. Must give Monk a long term contract as he's on a one year contract. The sooner Cellino clears off the better. Credit to Monk- the man's assembled a squad from scratch and he's combined some older heads with some academy products. Very progressive as you say. 12 years in the wilderness has hurt everyone. January is massive- we have to tie down Pontus Jansson, Pablo Hernandez and bring in a backup striker. Elland Road is fast becoming a fortress- unbeaten in 8 there and the crowds are returning- looking to be a home sell out for Rotherham next week.