Pre match thread - Leeds

Brumstopdogs

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We need to improve from Boxing day if we are to get another win. Leeds are a different kettle of fish than Burton. Whatever the result wrap up warm- it is going to be parky!

I heard it was going to be Wogan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

Elland Road is fast becoming a fortress- unbeaten in 8 there and the crowds are returning- looking to be a home sell out for Rotherham next week. 

You lot must be doin really well to sellout for Rotherham

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I like Cellino btw

stands up for himself

take no shit

not scared to make decisions

Having an owner like Cellino is like Hannibal Lecter running a butcher shop. The man is batshit crazy.

• Like 1

A tight game tomorrow between two of the teams that I expect to be in the play-off's come the end of the season. We might even face each other in the final at Wembley (if so I hope the result is the same as it was when we last faced each other there back in 1996) ;)

This is an acid test for us at Villa Park and we will need to be at our best to win it. I think we will be so I am going 2-1 to us to give us some revenge for that recent defeat at Elland Road otherwise the old "At least we're not Leeds" comments will have to be put to bed once and for all.    

3 hours ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

A takeover looks imminent as well. Must give Monk a long term contract as he's on a one year contract. The sooner Cellino clears off the better. Credit to Monk- the man's assembled a squad from scratch and he's combined some older heads with some academy products. Very progressive as you say. 12 years in the wilderness has hurt everyone. January is massive- we have to tie down Pontus Jansson, Pablo Hernandez and bring in a backup striker. Elland Road is fast becoming a fortress- unbeaten in 8 there and the crowds are returning- looking to be a home sell out for Rotherham next week. 

Your away support is class but it will take something special to get Leeds pulling in over 30k most weeks in this league. I'm with you on Cellino, the bloke is an absolute clearing in the woods. To be honest mate if you don't go up this season then you probably will next as you have the right manager in. Must admit I don't like Leeds but it's a proper football club. All the best with the season but hopefully not at our expense 

:)

1 hour ago, smg said:

They are winning, Rotherham is next door, it's Christmas why wouldn't they sell out ????

irony my friend

Rotherham ffs

I knew a car salesman who was a rotherham player in the 70's

Crap car salesman

and shit at golf too

• Like 1

As this is a Leeds appreciation thread I'll point you in the direction of the bookies who are offering close on 3/1 for them to win! We are quite strong favourites here. Not sure I agree with that going by the last time we played them, we were clearly second best.