Gareth Southgate

Richard

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm seeing rumours online that Hodgson is getting the sack if they don't beat Chelsea, and that Southgate is the replacement lined up. 

Seems utterly bonkers to me, but people are saying it. 

Good so long as he's out of the England set up permanently 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm seeing rumours online that Hodgson is getting the sack if they don't beat Chelsea, and that Southgate is the replacement lined up. 

Seems utterly bonkers to me, but people are saying it. 

I would say it's some bullshit surrounding Southgate being in demand from a PL club before it sounds like he inevitably extends his England stay 

The whole "no PL team would touch him" stuff disappears 

Palace do need to get rid of roy though, they're a nothing club

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

There's no chance in hell this guy picks Watkins over Toney despite all the evidence and Toney being a complete tool

Would rather play 5 at the back and 2 DMs rather than play a guy who presses from the front 

Southgate should love Ollie and him not tells you how clueless he is 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say it's some bullshit surrounding Southgate being in demand from a PL club before it sounds like he inevitably extends his England stay 

The whole "no PL team would touch him" stuff disappears 

That sounds quite plausible. 

Palace would be nuts to go for Southgate after Hodgson. He's just a younger version.

Can't see anyone going for him in the Prem anyway, not good enough for top 6, an being how highly he thinks of himself, he'll probably be to expensive for any others, thinking he's worth 12m a year. Plus I bet he don't even pay for his waistcoats at the FA, everything paid on expenses, another reason he wants to stay 

Edited by foreveryoung

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

Imagine if that actually happened. Would feel very sorry for Palace fans - going from one poor ex-England manager to an even poorer ex-England manager.

Any team that hires him gets what they deserve. Jordan Ayew playing the Harry Kane role from defensive midfield

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2024 at 01:24, foreveryoung said:

Palace would be nuts to go for Southgate after Hodgson. He's just a younger version.

Can't see anyone going for him in the Prem anyway, not good enough for top 6, an being how highly he thinks of himself, he'll probably be to expensive for any others, thinking he's worth 12m a year. Plus I bet he don't even pay for his waistcoats at the FA, everything paid on expenses, another reason he wants to stay 

• Haha 2

On 10/02/2024 at 10:58, Tom13 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68256138

Christ 🤦‍♂️ I have no words any more tbh.

"The Football Association are keen for Gareth Southgate to remain as England boss beyond this summer's European Championships" - Unbelievable but it's the FA so what do we expect? Do they sound out Klopp? No, let's go for squeaky clean Southgate, no matter that he wouldn't win anything if he was managing Brazil in 1970. :rolleyes::rolleyes: 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Why has taken a flight to Germany to watch Harry Kane play for Bayern? What a waste of time and resources that is.

He was there for Dier.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Why has taken a flight to Germany to watch Harry Kane play for Bayern? What a waste of time and resources that is.

He went to Amsterdam to watch Henderson a couple of weeks back. Just an excuse for a jolly. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

He went to Amsterdam to watch Henderson a couple of weeks back. Just an excuse for a jolly. 

They are great cities but I imagine Southgate found the most boring parts of both cities

13 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Why not, he don't spend a penny working for the FA, not even his jonnies when he goes visits Henderson.

Â