The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

Well I just caused a war between extended family by reacting to "there's just too many **** pakis in the country", then laughing when a sixty year old threatened to" knock my head off". I **** hate Christmas.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well I just caused a war between extended family by reacting to "there's just too many **** pakis in the country", then laughing when a sixty year old threatened to" knock my head off". I **** hate Christmas.

Sounds like Alf garnett. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Update:

Yes the pigs in blankets were present and correct. 

My mum phoned me in a panic earlier asking if I had some salad cream because last year I mentioned that I missed her Boxing Day Rice Salad I had been looking forward to. 

I have absolutely no recollection of this but it has clearly seared a hole in her heart for 12 months culminating in a desperate plea for help in the salad cream department. 

Careful with your words round Christmas time folks, and you can inadvertently destroy people unknowingly with one throw away comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Back home with a load of turkey and stuffing for sandwiches for the next day or four. 

With chips and Gravy. The it's the only sane path to take. 

Couple of wheat beers and needed a nap. Wake me up when Mufasa dies. Which she did. Have a rule that I wont drink around my grandson so it was a dry night. Still, presents are still lost but daughter got me a few great CD's. Lefty Frizzel and a Western Swing boxset. 

Back still screwed and been prescribed diazepam (arent i the recovering junkie) 

couldnt cook my Christmas dinner yesterday so have postponed until today, when I'll prepare beef wellington through the pain! 

haven't had a drop of alcohol either yet.... 

main thing is the kids are still having a cracking time! 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Food poisoning!! Sick all night and this morning. Lay in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Could be norovirus. I'm much better now, but the wife had a seriously bad night with the galloping trots. 

Â