Top Gear

Jez

I felt pretty much the same, but I follow the Top Gear hashtag on Twitter and people were absolutely loving it.  I didn't really get it myself, I just don't like the staged "accidents" like the man in the boat. 

• Like 1

Probably, but you know for a fact that Top Gear (and most TV shows if we are being honest) really do put great stock in the reaction their shows get over Twitter. 

Tonight just looks like they're running out of ideas to me. IMO they need more races. The banter between the three of them is always good and you are genuinely kept guessing whos going to win.

Clarkson has tweeted next weeks episode is a "gem". Here's hoping!

I suspect a lot of viewers think it's all real.

Quite a few people I know have argued with me that yes some events are staged but others are not. The guy in the row boat was obviously fake and the restaurant incident was also likely fake, but when they were spraying random bystanders at the side of the river, that could have very well been real. People do tend to flock to strange happenings and a car floating down a river is quite strange. 

I also don't mind when they have a new car to test. I personally like seeing these flashy cars and I would certainly love to drive one. 

I'll get my spotters badge out for knowing that the music in the Porsche 911 bit was this particular remix of Begging You by the Stone Roses. 

Captain Jack Sparrow was modelled on rock stars of his era though, isn't he?   In fact, he is supposed to be Keef Richards. 

Just when you think they could not get any worse they inflict that caravan "sketch" - complete waste of air space. The interest was really only the concept car - the Lambo - and even then they tried to be "funny" and failed.

Clarkson has to be one of the worst presenters now on the TV

I'm bored of it.

It's not that I don't like it or think it's crap or anything. I think I'm just over it.

Watched it for 10 minutes tonight, which is the first I've watched of this series, and turned it off.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, it was the best they have done in a long while.  The caravan skit was okay even if they had done most of it before, though I think it might have been saved by that particularly good joke about Stan Collymore.   :D

• Like 1

Next week is the series finale? Jeez that was ridiculously short.

Six episodes.   It's the thirteenth new episode of 2013 (they also had a series which ran from January to March of this year) so their output is pretty typical of the current format.