Top Gear

Jez

it was the same old top gear

will be criticised for being "entertainment" and it was of course all a set up, may drives slow, clarkson is wreckless, hammond is a cock, they brown nosed the guest

i think most people have drawn the line, if it doesnt bother you then you'll like it, otherwise you cant be surprised by its decline anymore

shame they didnt show more of droitwich / kidderminster, those cars were right at home here

it was the same old top gear

will be criticised for being "entertainment" and it was of course all a set up, may drives slow, clarkson is wreckless, hammond is a cock, they brown nosed the guest

i think most people have drawn the line, if it doesnt bother you then you'll like it, otherwise you cant be surprised by its decline anymore

shame they didnt show more of droitwich / kidderminster, those cars were right at home here

It had more genuine LOL moments than a Peyton Manning performance in the Super Bowl

It is what it is , everybody knows it's scripted / faked but it's still better than most of the shite on our TV screens

As others have said....it is what it is. Of course they are soft on their guests....its a promo opportunity not Question Time.

Thought the hot hatch segment was funny but they could have stopped after the supermarket and put a car review or something else in after that. The police thing was just off. Had they used period police cars it would have been better.

As others have said....it is what it is. Of course they are soft on their guests....its a promo opportunity not Question Time.

Thought the hot hatch segment was funny but they could have stopped after the supermarket and put a car review or something else in after that. The police thing was just off. Had they used period police cars it would have been better.

This, basically.

yes it's all scripted and that's fine. But the police bit was just so ridiculous it wasn't funny.

The supermarket bit was just good, old-fashioned British humour.  James May driving perfectly at 5mph, setting up the other two to hammer their cars and destroy the place. It really was very funnY)  The sliding in on its side was a bit too similar to the Reliant Robin episode, but no matter, was still funny.  The police bit at the end was shite though.

Episodes like last nights are what I like in top gear, yeah its scripted and can be too ridiculous but I prefer watching that than when they spend 20 minutes talking about a lambourghini ill never get to see never mind get to drive

• Like 1

I don't understand the "scripted" criticism.  Most things worth watching are, surely?  Otherwise you get dross like David Baddiel and Frank Skinner sat on a settee mumbling about nothing much at all.

My criticism isn't that it's scripted. It's that a lot of the time these days it's badly scripted.

That police chase stuff was cringeworthy.

I kind of agree with this. If they're going to continue down the scripted route (as they clearly are) then they should get someone in capable of writing a half decent story. The scripting is pretty amateur at times.

I agree. But I would say that the most interesting part of the hillchase was actually the times that they'd done it in (dunno if they were real or not but seemed reasonable)

Similarly the supermarket. it was funny, but I'd have been just as interested to see what times they could actually do on a course like that

• Like 1

I don't understand the "scripted" criticism.  Most things worth watching are, surely?  Otherwise you get dross like David Baddiel and Frank Skinner sat on a settee mumbling about nothing much at all.

It's times when they have clearly tried to pass the "mishaps" off as genuine events which was starting to happen a bit too much for my liking.  It seems they have taken that criticism on board and just decided to go full retard instead with this weeks episode. I think it worked brilliantly. The supermarket bit was great fun, I though the tank bit at the end was great too. They kept you waiting for the inevitable cannon shot just long enough for it to be funny. :lol:

It's times when they have clearly tried to pass the "mishaps" off as genuine events which was starting to happen a bit too much for my liking.  It seems they have taken that criticism on board and just decided to go full retard instead with this weeks episode. I think it worked brilliantly. The supermarket bit was great fun, I though the tank bit at the end was great too. They kept you waiting for the inevitable cannon shot just long enough for it to be funny. :lol:

someone was clearly throwing the packets over the top of the shelf during Hamsters drive and that  annoyed me a tad  .. but other than that i that it was a great sketch , even if you did know exactly how it was going to pan out  , it still produced genuine LOL moments

the explosions with them shown in the smouldering car afterwards was kinda straight out of Road Runner and poor old Wile E. Coyote  ... and nobody in the history of the world ever gets bored of Road Runner