January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

In regards to Hogan WHU apparently agreed a £9mill upfront fee and offered £3mill in add ins, Brentford wanted £6 mill in add ons. Ayew £5mill plus Gestede's £6mill easily covers the initial outlay. Don't know if he is worth it but same was said about Kodija 

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

15 mill is a ridiculous fee for Hogan

No thanks

It would be 10m if the Ayew deal goes through. Considering who Villa have already brought in with the 6m gleaned from the Gestede transfer that would be a very low overall expenditure for the squad being strengthened in all departments in one window.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

Just looking at his wikipedia stats - 7 in 7 in 2015/16 and now 14 in 26 this season. Good record - however I am sure that if we are going for him that he has been judged by Round and SB on more than just his goals...

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just looking at his wikipedia stats - 7 in 7 in 2015/16 and now 14 in 26 this season. Good record - however I am sure that if we are going for him that he has been judged by Round and SB on more than just his goals...

Impressive stats and in a fairly poor side  - will be interesting to see if this goes through .

I expect that £15m includes various add ons .

Personally I'd prefer Rhodes but if the hogan does arrive I trust Bruce to know best .

Edited by Eastie

In fairness most PL clubs have looked at him and West Ham obviously wanted him too.

He isn't a poor player at all but the only issue is if he is worth the fee hence he hasn't signed for West Ham yet, if we do sign him it probably reinforces how serious the Dr is if anything in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Would love Defoe at Villa. Have loved the thought of Defoe at Villa for the past 5 years now. :lol: 

now you are talking.....just like a Dean Saunders IMO