January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So Taylor and the young defender from Bury seem to be the players in the 90% bracket. 

Didn't SB just say though we're close to signing someone we've not been linked with so far? 

I think it's probably Taylor and a random in the 90% bracket.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

That is a good deal... for Swansea.

Just not sold on Taylor at all, Swansea fans cannot believe this deal. Maybe Bruce feels he can get the best out of him but just seems too risky.

Ive just read a swansea forum they cant believe there luck with this deal, he's the westwood of swansea

It will be a shame if it is Ayew leaving. However, if his heart isn't in being with us then we might aswell just get rid of him and use it to our advantage. If it is a swap deal plus cash then I am sure the player coming in (Taylor or whoever else) will be the one Bruce wants in. The money we receive along with the player isn't such a big issue as Ayew would be off the wage bill and I am sure he takes a big chunk out of that. I would prefer him to stay but he seems set on joining his brother at Swansea. If that is indeed the case then good luck to him and we will move on...

There's obviously real interest in Taylor, Bedeau and Rhodes who you expect to be the 3 ins. But where does the one the press haven't got scent of yet fit in Tony's secret formula??? Not four in surely?

Unknown.jpg

Edited by randy_69

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Not pleased with this Ayew deal at all 

Doesn't seem a great deal to me either, especially with the sudden lack of forward options.  Maybe the Gateman can pull himself together, probably we'll bring in another forward, but it does seem we're selling when we don't need to.  Can only assume JA has said he doesn't want to be here.  Let's hope the Codge doesn't get injured.

3 minutes ago, briggaman said:

It will be a shame if it is Ayew leaving. However, if his heart isn't in being with us then we might aswell just get rid of him and use it to our advantage. If it is a swap deal plus cash then I am sure the player coming in (Taylor or whoever else) will be the one Bruce wants in. The money we receive along with the player isn't such a big issue as Ayew would be off the wage bill and I am sure he takes a big chunk out of that. I would prefer him to stay but he seems set on joining his brother at Swansea. If that is indeed the case then good luck to him and we will move on...

His brother's at West Ham.

• Like 2

Yeah I'd be in the concerned category with this deal.

I don't Taylor in great detail as a player but I should imagine he will be fairly solid at this level and possibly push Amavi higher up. I'm not actually that convinced he'll make a decent winger but maybe he can.

Bigger concern is that losing Ayew, Gestede and for all intents and purposes McCormack we've taken a hell of a hit upfront and were not exactly prolific anyway. Not sure Rhodes fills that gap. Maybe Mr Mystery does but it'll mean he needs to be a really big signing which it is difficult to see being kept so quiet. 

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

His brother's at West Ham.

Forgot he had moved to West Ham to be honest. Shows how much attention I pay to the Premier League at the moment. I'm sure his brother has said good things about Swansea then. Whatever the case, the same thing applies. If his heart isn't with us anymore then it is best to get rid of him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Amavi and Taylor is very strong for the Championship. I think Bruce may want to move Amavi to left midfield in a 4-4-2, it would be silly to have either of them on the bench. 

My thoughts exactly! Taylor coming in does not have to mean an end to Amavi's Villa career. Think about how we have no cover at left back and yet Amavi isn't the best left back when it comes to defending. Also, Villa not particularly linked with signing a left sided midfielder.

I reckon we will see Amavi playing left midfield with Taylor at left back.

16 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

There's obviously real interest in Taylor, Bedeau and Rhodes who you expect to be the 3 ins. But where does the one the press haven't got scent of yet fit in Tony's secret formula??? Not four in surely?

Unknown.jpg

Unless he's not counting Bedeau as he isn't a first team signing.  Or maybe Bedeau is the "swap" i.e. 95% he's coming in and 95% he's going straight back out on loan. . .

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

My thoughts exactly! Taylor coming in does not have to mean an end to Amavi's Villa career. Think about how we have no cover at left back and yet Amavi isn't the best left back when it comes to defending. Also, Villa not particularly linked with signing a left sided midfielder.

I reckon we will see Amavi playing left midfield with Taylor at left back.

I think bjarnason will play wide left - Taylor will provide stiff competition for amavi who will need to improve defensively or I can see him losing his place .