January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Signing Rhodes unless we bring in two midfielders that can pass the ball forward and make runs will be completely pointless

Gardwood Jedwood or Jedgard and he won't score like McCormack and will just be another waste of money

Gardinak surely

2 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Can't believe the negativity Rhodes is getting. He's a very good striker IMO, not world class but certainly better than what we currently have. Also unlike McCormack who's 30/31 Rhodes is just 26/27 so has plenty of goals still left in him.

Signing Rhodes would be fantastic IMO, especially as it looks more and more likely we'll be playing Championship football next season as well.

The only time Rhodes and world class should appear in the same sentence is if referring to a holiday destination

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is there no good young Prem strikers on the fringes that we could loan?

The fact that you're asking the question is in itself the answer

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Not sure the price will fall - Gibson is a shrewd operator like levy and will squeeze every penny he can get from us - if we get Rhodes I'd expect we will have to offer them what they want - they are under no pressure to sell.

No pressure but they've bought 2 strikers this window and he's hardly played so far before they came. Gibson may want £12m but if we'd are the only in for him he'd be daft not either loan him out or agree a deal. They paid £10m 12 months ago asking for 12 is a bit silly when you don't use him. 

I had never heard of Jordon Rhodes before this transfer window. Some British pundits must have talked him up on that Championship show once after he got an hattrick or something with all the mutual mastrubation i'm hearing about him on this thread,

From what I've heard he's exactly the type of signing we shouldn't be me making; EXPENSIVE, BRITISH AND SHIT!!

Edited by NottingVilla

If we wanted Rhodes, we should have made it all part of the Gestede deal. 

If we end this window getting Lansbury and Hourihane, I'll have a downstairs twitch. 

Lansbury, Hourihane, Bree and Rhodes and I'll be full on tent poling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

I had never heard of Jordon Rhodes before this transfer window. Some British pundits must have talked him up on that Championship show once after he got an hattrick or something with all the mutual mastrubation i'm hearing about him on this thread,

From what I've heard he's exactly the type of signing we shouldn't be me making; EXPENSIVE, BRITISH AND SHIT!!

you'd never heard of Rhodes before? I don't remember his 'an hattrick' but I do remember his 40 goal season for Huddersfield.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Seriously.  How does a shit player score that many goals in so many seasons at different clubs??????? 

This (supposed) self imposed limitation of championship experience is severely limiting our options and plain wrong in my eyes. It's worked great so far with McCormack, Elphick & Jedinak hasn't it ??

Surely we can find someone who offers better value than Rhodes for the money it would need to prise him away. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Agbonlahor 84 goals in 382 games. Rhodes 185 goals from 359 games. So yeah Rhodes is shit...:wacko:

To be fair, Gabby's have all been top flight. 

But as we are in the Championship then Rhodes can't be sniffed at

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This (supposed) self imposed limitation of championship experience is severely limiting our options and plain wrong in my eyes. 

I think its more the realisation we won't get proven Premier League players to drop down.

Priority is lets get out the division then I daresay, it'll be time for a rebuild again. 

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This (supposed) self imposed limitation of championship experience is severely limiting our options and plain wrong in my eyes. It's worked great so far with McCormack, Elphick & Jedinak hasn't it ??

Surely we can find someone who offers better value than Rhodes for the money it would need to prise him away. 

You're unhappy with Kodjia, Chester and Adomah then, I take it?