January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

11 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

What if they (the club who hold his contract) are only willing to sell on the last day of the window and that was never an option though? if we have to wait should we do that?

Barnsley have already sold a player to arch rivals sheff  weds last week so I doubt selling hourihane now would bother them if the money is right.

so we tried to sign Jeffrey Schlupp for 10 mil, a player who couldn't get in a Leicester team who is struggling this season and as far as i know has never been any good for them.

Jenkinson who was awful for West Ham and never recovered from a bad injury.

Hourihane who most of Villa talk suggested we sign (rightly so) months ago, in part because he has the most impressive midfield stats and is available for nothing in the summer. But we don't seem to have offered enough for Barnsley to let him leave and surely they would rather have a fee than nothing and sold one of their main strikers for a pittance, suggesting to me that we haven't bid for him at all.

Plus about ten players who West Brom want to sign, Bree who is wanted by Citeh.

Lansbury who we clearly have tried to sign but Forest don't know whether they are coming or going.

We've sold Gestede at a time we have sod all striker options, yes he's not great and it was a good move all round, but couldn't we have waited a few weeks?

We've sold Cissokho, who is pants but we have no back up now at left back and Amavi who seems to have forgotten how to defend.
and we've signed Man Utd's 5th choice keeper on loan with no agreement to buy.

I get the feeling there are some decent targets out there we know nothing about aside from Lansbury, and the ones we know are Plan B or C, we aren't interested in or already missed out.

• Like 1

I know we really need some players in, but i find it staggering that some people are suggesting that we more on to plans B or C rather than wait a week or so to land the managers prefered targets. 

People bemoans the short term thinking that has put the club in a mess, but then suggest we should change our plans because we might have to wait a week or so to get who the manager wants. Its staggering really..

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Christ what a moaning bunch on whingers we have become.

So let's pay 4 million for someone who will be available for nothing in the summer, let's pay millions more for a striker who may or may not be the answer. Let's throw a couple of mill more at Forest to get the Lansbury deal done asap. Or let's move on to our 5th, 6th 7th or 8th choice targets just to keep the fans happy.

And when the summer comes we will have already spent some of of the budget and every club we deal with will know if you make them wait the crack and up their offer........

I don't see many other clubs doing business at this point.

I guess some of us still hold on to the slim possibility of promotion, for that to happen we certainly need to sign players, but the fact is, Jan is a rotten time to do business.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Other clubs don't seem to have as much trouble buying OUR players......as we do THEIRS;)

That's because, with a very small number of exceptions, all of our players are shit and we're desperate to get rid of them. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's because, with a very small number of exceptions, all of our players are shit and we're desperate to get rid of them. 

.....so there we have it.:)

quite a contrast from some folk saying they are good enough.;)

I'm tempted to go with you.

5 minutes ago, midian said:

With Bristol City winning hopefully the 2 week gap between Preston and Brentford new players can gel if we do buy anybody

10 days strictly speaking! Though given we play brentford on the 31st I hope we now only have one game pre any new signing (as a worst case)....we shall see!

• Like 1