January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Yea, I'm not to excited about  Rhodes, do we really need to spend millions on another "proven" championship striker? There must be a reason for him not playing at Middlesbrough and a reason they would rather buy Gestede than use Rhodes. Rhodes also seems like the type of striker you will not notice for 90 minutes, a poacher. Scores simple goals but does not do much else than that. Can't see him fitting in the team and seems like another signing where we are going for stats players instead of players that actually fit us. Rhodes needs service, which he will not get at all at Villa.

• Like 1

Rhodes would do no better and probably worse than McCormack based on the fact that we know McCormack and score goals but also can create goals.

Rhodes only scores goals.  We have no midfield.  No midfield, no goals from poacher type strikers because the ball isn't in the box enough.  He'd be another passenger.

If we were to get in some midfielders who can play football, then yeah, sure.. great.

• Like 2

Everyone saying Rhodes won't be any good because we haven't got any service do realise we can buy more than one player this window? We need another no9. That doesn't takeaway the fact that we have to sort the midfield out aswell. As with other areas that need strengthening we have to look at it as a whole. For me CM is the priority then the other positions are roughly as badly needed. We need 3/4 players and to replace any that leave. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Yea, I'm not to excited about  Rhodes, do we really need to spend millions on another "proven" championship striker? There must be a reason for him not playing at Middlesbrough and a reason they would rather buy Gestede than use Rhodes. Rhodes also seems like the type of striker you will not notice for 90 minutes, a poacher. Scores simple goals but does not do much else than that. Can't see him fitting in the team and seems like another signing where we are going for stats players instead of players that actually fit us. Rhodes needs service, which he will not get at all at Villa.

we have been down this road so many times...... we need a Dean Saunders type who can self create to an extent.

• Like 1

When These strikers have all these goals on their CV.....we need to know how/who created them, to know if we are buying the real deal or not

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not if Boro want a fee now to fund their window :)

but we cannot keep funding cock ups..... we need to know more about these strikers and how/who has created their goals.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

bang on

This is so damn important.....I am really worried that no attention will be paid to this.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but we cannot keep funding cock ups..... we need to know more about these strikers and how/who has created their goals.

Completely agree mate, we need more creativity in midfield. If we get Rhodes I would possibly look at playin McCormack in the number 10 role, at the start of the season he created more chances than any player in the league.

This window is scaring the life out of me.

Don't get me wrong.....I like Steve and rate him........ But I smell panic buys creeping in all over again.

I have no idea how difficult it is, doing this business....but I am bricking it.