January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/03/report-newcastle-united-aston-villa-and-west-bromwich-albion-sho/

A string of clubs, notably Newcastle United, Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion, have shown an interest in Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart, the Echo reports.

It is claimed the Reds have already rejected a number approaches for Stewart, who they are adamant will not be allowed to leave in January.

All three clubs have been tipped to add to their midfields this month, with Newcastle linked with a move for Tom Cleverley at the weekend and West Brom still said to be keen on Morgan Schneiderlin.

Villa, meanwhile, have struggled in that department of late, with Ashley Westwood's performance against Cardiff on Monday widely criticised.

However, it looks as though the trio will have to wait until at least the summer if they are to land Stewart, with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp reportedly impressed with the 23-year-old's progress over the past 12 months.

It is claimed the Reds, who handed Stewart a new five-year deal in November, will re-assess the player's future at the end of the campaign.

Stewart is said to be valued within the £10-12 million bracket, which is unlikely to deter either Newcastle United, Aston Villa, or West Bromwich Albion.

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And did pretty well with them too. Didn't you enjoy the MON years? 

Ultimately it cost us where we are now though with the overspending. Lerner's biggest mistake was trusting MON completely. It **** us from the beginning. Much like I'm sure Pompey enjoyed Redknapps spending, but not where it put them in the end.

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ultimately it cost us where we are now though with the overspending. Lerner's biggest mistake was trusting MON completely. It **** us from the beginning. Much like I'm sure Pompey enjoyed Redknapps spending, but not where it put them in the end.

It really didn't. 

Terrible managerial appointments, continued waste of funds and ridiculous decisions by an owner who just didn't give a shit were the reason. 

MON over spending was an issue that could have and should have been resolved fairly easily. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lansbury is relatively cheap - the one thing I do like about him is that he suggests that there will be more than one central midfielder - if he's one of three midfield signings in January, I'll be pleased. 

Certainly more of a goal threat than our current midfield but as you say we need to buy another in there at least besides him to strengthen midfield 

Edited by Eastie

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not sure about Lansbury, the more I hear the less I like. However, he simply cannot be worse that Gardner or Westwood. If he has to be signed as a stopgap then so be it. 

I remember be quite highly rated at one point. Seems to have been at Forest forever. Seems to me he is very comfortable in the Championship. That worries me.

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not sure about Lansbury, the more I hear the less I like. However, he simply cannot be worse that Gardner or Westwood. If he has to be signed as a stopgap then so be it. 

I beginning to hold the same view Dave. 

I'll be honest and admit that I've never really watched him, but i remember a few weeks ago that Trent said that after watching Forest a few times live that he didn't think he was good enough. I've read a few more posters saying similar today, but more worrying is a lot of people saying he's a rocket polisher.  

The more i read about him,  the less i want him. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'll be honest and admit that I've never really watched him, but i remember a few weeks ago that Trent said that after watching Forest a few times live that he didn't think he was good enough. I've read a few more posters saying similar today, but more worrying is a lot of people saying he's a rocket polisher.  

I've got my reservations that's for sure based on the games I've seen and the views of Forest fans that I respect.

He has been in good form (not great) this season and that in itself concerns me a little given his contract situation and his form last season. It strikes me as pulling a Hendrie.

He is a good player at this level and if we got him at £3m that is very good value. I'm not sure he is as good as some of the current hype though and I'm not sure he would be up much in the PL. 

I am though starting to think we will be in this league next season so perhaps that laste point doesn't matter.

I was initially very keen on Lansbury but less so now. 

One thing is for certain though, he is better than what we have now and would add a little devil to the side because the other week he set out to get Shelvey sent off and succeeded.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

One thing is for certain though, he is better than what we have now and would add a little devil to the side because the other week he set out to get Shelvey sent off and succeeded.

This is something we have missed for a long time to be honest. We've been "too nice" for years now. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

He was the best midfield player at VP earlier this season v Forest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tismyk said:

He was the best midfield player at VP earlier this season v Forest

So was sidwell for reading before we signed him. Never amounted to much here though. Plenty other examples sasa curcic also Alan Thompson 

Edited by Villan4Life