January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

16 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

We need 3 players minimum. The money wasted on McCormack is annoying.

It's only wasted if there is nothing to spend instead. I think there is more. Also I think McCormack will come good.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

We need 3 players minimum. The money wasted on McCormack is annoying.

Why is it?? If we were skint you might have a small point but we aren't. Signing him didn't impact on other signings. I think we'll see 3-4 in most on loan. 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Isn't it this kind of thinking that got us into trouble under Lambert? Almost a 'we've got the money so **** it' attitude is coming back.

Not really. I think there is a massive difference in owners for starters. I wouldn't trust Lerner to run a car boot sale.

4 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Why is it?? If we were skint you might have a small point but we aren't. Signing him didn't impact on other signings. I think we'll see 3-4 in most on loan. 

We would have more points now if we bought a 12 million midfielder instead. Even more points if we bought 2 6-million midfielders instead. The season don't start in January you know.

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

We would have more points now if we bought a 12 million midfielder instead. Even more points if we bought 2 6-million midfielders instead. The season don't start in January you know.

We'd have more points if RDM wasn't such a screw-up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

We did buy a £5m midfielder though and as I said signing McCormack didn't affect RDM signing others so it's nothing to do with him but all to do with RDM. Our season started the day he got sacked because as Bruce has shown we are better than the results he got. I think McCormack will come good and hopefully we do strengthen in midfield in Jan as well 

Nice peice on Morrison in the Guardian

However, it was impossible not to be drawn in, to be seduced by the idea that Morrison could still become one of the best players in the world, even though he started once for Lazio last season. He is 23. It’s unlikely. United are splurging £100m on Pogba four years after Sir Alex Ferguson’s mistrust of the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, culminated in him joining Juventus for nothing, and yet Morrison is the intriguing character here, untold riches guaranteed for anyone who works out how to get inside his head.

I'd be happy with a right back, couple of midfielders and a forward or two during January.  What about one or two of these suggestions:

RB: Trippier or Jenkinson (either on loan)

Mid:  Meyler, Adam, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Delph :D (any on loan, although I appreciate that the latter may not be popular or realistic)

Str: Grabban, Afobe, Rhodes (any on loan).  Be great if we could let Gestede go as part of any striker deal. 

22 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

If the Young rumors were true from weeks ago, we should definitely be trying to sign him. 

Young and Delph in midfield would be fantastic. I personally dont like them anymore.. but if they came and were giving it their all and made a difference.. then ill be all for it. Especially if it gets us back up. Its just sad we neglected the midfield.. we all knew signing Tshibola wasnt enough....RDM has really hampered our season. I just hope we are within 6 points come January so Bruce can rectify it. We also need a new CB. Cant believe we went into the season with 3. Madness.

Edited by KSV

I don't care that Young left us for United. United were clearly better than us, and he was going to be starting for them. Young definitely made the most of his time there and managed to make a bit more money as well. He also gave us one more year than we thought he would. It's Delph that I really dislike. When the rumors started that he was off to City and was even pictured at their training ground, I did not dislike him for it. Even though it was painfully obviously City only wanted Delph because we was a cheap way for City to have enough English players, it was still a good step up and he likely would have been playing a similar role Milner did. BUT the fact that Delph had the balls to come back and say he is staying and how this is his club, then do a complete 180 and go back to City, that's unforgivable. 

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Young and Delph???? 

(Facepalm)

Did I imagine the bit where we got relegated and they were playing for Manchester United and Manchester City on obscene wages?

Seriously, some of these suggestions are laughable.

Bit of an overreaction. Its a speculation thread.. someone mentioned it and i replied. Anyway.. it would be funny to see them come back to see the furor of our fans. But i think they would be awesome that their would be a 180 with them winning over the support. The way Bruce has. Would be able to get them on loan at best. They will still get their obscene wages. 

By thw way 'playing' is a bit of a stretch :D

Delph 2 appearances

Young 2 appearances

Edited by KSV