Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

So the thought process here is to add more fuel to the fire that is already out of control. Let's just keep adding players until we find a mix that looks like it might work. when is he going to integrate the youth instead of buying has beens?

What re you seein

My theory only works if we buy/loan the correct players. I think the guy on loan from Southampton is the kind of player we need and also the guy we have been linked to from Liverpool. We have to hope that the football board can ensure that we only complete suitable deals. I think we have a decent squad at the moment but we lack in certain key areas. This will be true no matter who the manager is. I know it's hard but we must hope that the board have the situation under control. I honestly believe that the summer signings have been ok but they need variety to bring the best out of them.

Football is an emotional game. We have all suffered over the past 5 years. I really believe that we need to be strong here in order to turn things around. Rational thought/action is required not emotional reaction (easier said than done I know). Let's hope for a win tomorrow and then we can all enjoy a post match beer that little bit more. Utv 

• Like 1

" We've created enough chances in all the games to win them all"

No Steve we haven't. Hull? yes. The other two? Nowhere near.

I liked Bruce before he arrived because I thought he was one of the more honest managers. Clearly I was wrong.

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is part of the problem - we are a piss pot championship club - we belong.

I totally agree....the level of arrogance/entitlement on here is off the scale. We are rubbish, and have been for years. We've signed nearly 40 players in 2 years....we've had 5 managers in 2 years....we've got 2 players who have remained through that, & they are rubbish. Bruce ain't great, I admit, but to change manager again will bring more upheaval. We need to stick with it, realise how bad we've been & realise it will take a long time to turn around 6 years of decline.

To be calling for his head after 3 games is pathetic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I totally agree....the level of arrogance/entitlement on here is off the scale. We are rubbish, and have been for years. We've signed nearly 40 players in 2 years....we've had 5 managers in 2 years....we've got 2 players who have remained through that, & they are rubbish. Bruce ain't great, I admit, but to change manager again will bring more upheaval. We need to stick with it, realise how bad we've been & realise it will take a long time to turn around 6 years of decline.

Sorry mate but I think you wont find many in agreement with you on here

5 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Last man standing

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fortunately it's a forum where you express opinions, not a popularity contest. 

just saying

I have been a looooooooong time in the minority

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Couldn't agree more. 

However no one is doing that. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you don't know but you'll openly mock or argue with anyone who doesn't think he will and argue for stability. 

Strong stance there. 

No idea. (see how much time I spent on that reply to a question). 

Sorry had to edit this to reflect the hypocrisy of someone who accuses others of mocking behaviour and then goes and uses a smiley emoji to, mock their post. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We frankly need higher standards than this, we're Aston Villa, not some other piss pot Championship club. By Premier League standards, David Moyes had a very good record at United, with a win rate of over 50%, but guess what, it wasn't good enough for United, because he was losing far too many games. Same story here. We hardly have a shit squad for this level and Bruce is not even getting 50% out of them. His tactics are shit and he is not motivating them.

I agree with most of that. What we're seeing isn't good enough, by a long way. I think where we differ, and only slightly, is that right at this moment I think that for all my reservations about him, there's some possibility that giving him a bit more time is less of a risk and less disruptive than throwing another manager out. How many bigger clubs have come down, then spent ages in this league, swapping managers all the time and each time getting the same result - more disruption, no promotion, more chaos and a reputation of having owners who have no patience and no understanding of the time it takes to sort out a club. Leeds, Sheff Wed. Forest, Wolves etc....

It can go just as wrong changing managers as giving them time. We've kept changing and we're struggling. Maybe try another way? 

Bruce said

-we're only 3 games in

-all this nonsense

-43 games left thats another 10 months

So the next 10 months like the last 10 months then Brucie?

or was it 6 months?

The last 6 months leaves our his "good start".

6 months ago was at a time somewhere around a run of 8/9 defeats in a row wasnt it?

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No idea. (see how much time I spent on that reply to a question). 

Sorry had to edit this to reflect the hypocrisy of someone who accuses others of mocking behaviour and then goes and uses a smiley emoji to, mock their post. 

I was laughing at the response. Not mocking, I found it funny how your posts seem to dramatically chance. 

Just hours ago you said. 

"FWIW I'm also Bruce Out, regrettably."

Yet now you're arguing with people who want him out and arguing for stability and that fans with high expectations are the problem. 

So which is it? 

Because at the moment it just looks like you enjoy an argument and the chance to have a go at someone rather than sticking with a belief that you have

Edited by DCJonah

Â