Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well that is simply not true.....things have changed marginally, we have securred some wins and staved off relegation......yes, it was that bad.

while the football is pants......thats a defeatist comment from a frustrated man.

Taking issue with the style of football which will not change under the current manager isn't defeatist in the slightest.  Sticking with ? Now that's blind faith is what that is.

Just now, terrytini said:

Agreed. We used to expect to lose now we expect to win, at least that is something.

To be fair Terry I did expect to always lose last season and that has changed. But I don't always expect to win now. The only expectation I have now is that it will be excruciating to watch. The result I haven't a clue about. 

• Like 2

I think he needs extra help coaching as whatever he's trying to get the squad to do clearly isn't getting across. 

Wouldn't mind phelan coming in to help him if we are to retain Bruce. 

Otherwise we may as well gamble and go for a new broom. 

Edited by theboyangel

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I think he needs extra help coaching as whatever he's trying to get the squad to do clearly isn't getting across. 

Wouldn't mind phelan coming in to help him if we are to retain Bruce. 

Otherwise we may as well gamble and go for a new broom. 

The worry would be that the new broom always plays with a sweeper......

Ill get my coat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

He hasn't made us hard to beat, he hasn't made us free scoring, or entertaining, or attractive, or better, or winners. Turgid crap that I don't want to watch and which makes me angry is what he's done. The coaching has to be utterly dreadful. And watching them do some of the warm up routines with clemence. - he's clearly part of the cause of it

If it isn't a shooting drill then I rarely pay much attention so I cannot really compare. What would you say is the issue, is it just basic, sloppy?

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agreed. We used to expect to lose now we expect to win, at least that is something.

I think some of the levels of frustration, is clouding a little of our judgment, however that is not negating this dishwater.

I understand why the manager cannot single out players but he was clearly troubled by the Blues performance and by all accounts today was not much better. That does not give me the impression they were playing entirely to orders.....partially, maybe, but not completely.....He was clearly not expecting to see what he seen, judging by his comments.

I heard straight from the horses mouth, what is required in instances like this and a demise like this is not sorted in the time some of us are expecting.

Along the way, we need to see shoots of progress in order to gain credibility in the plan..in terms of performances, we have not improved, in terms of results we have.

Its slow and painful, but He needs a full season, new players and a preseason.There is no single factor, its a multitude of factors coming together that will turn this around.One of those factors is stability, this club has had more change than the mint.

I am not advocating an unconditional ride for our manager and we do need to see shoots of improvement, but change for lack of patience is equally as damaging.

I would welcome his comments to us acknowleding the turgid offerings in recent matches and reassuring us why it is feasible to see us challenging next term.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

what a depressing manager. No doubt he'll be honest about the shitness and the need to improve in the summer - but why can't he do ANY of that now? It's just awful, but the die is cast, he will get time, and support and then predictably we will have to go through all this turgidness next season just to reach the appropriate moment when it is acceptable to sack him. His incompetence and mediocrity has been writ large for most of his time here, uninspiring, with few plans, getting by mostly on outspending the division by huge masses of money meaning the bug gun player does the job, but masks the incoherent, joyless "team" behind that. 

Just awful

This is depressing and 100% accurate.   

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

He hasn't made us hard to beat, he hasn't made us free scoring, or entertaining, or attractive, or better, or winners. Turgid crap that I don't want to watch and which makes me angry is what he's done. The coaching has to be utterly dreadful. And watching them do some of the warm up routines with clemence. - he's clearly part of the cause of it

Well in general he has made us harder to beat, Pete....The rest, I empathise with.

36 minutes ago, terrytini said:

We expect to win because we have spent a fortune and more importantly we are playing inferior opposition in an inferior league.

• Like 3

Players have switched off, nothing to play for. Bruce doesn't seem to be motivating them. One thing is certain he needs to start strongly next season otherwise he will find it an uphill battle. Bruce has never been about pretty football but I would happily sacrifice that if we got promoted.

Can't keep saying we weren't good enough Brucey - as the manager the buck stops with him and he needs to sort it and fast - a poor start to the season and I have no doubt he will be gone .

We were closer to the play offs in December than we are now and after a decent start under him the last 4 months have not been good enough overall.

the excuses stop here - sort it out or go but make no mistake patience is wearing thin !!!!!

• Like 2

I have seen nothing this season, and I mean absolutely nothing, to show me that Steve Bruce is capable of getting us promoted next season. To keep him on is just delaying the inevitable.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I've really started to change my opinion over the last 4 games about Bruce, I was originally of the assumption that the new lads would need some time to settle in, then we'd see a consistent formation, with some personnel changes here and there and while not winning every game at least see the beginnings of what we intend to look and play like next season.

Well...... I'm not seeing anything that makes me believe we are going to be better next year. He's playing players out of position, he keeps saying we need to retain the ball better and yet plays Bacuna and Gardner over Lansbury and Hourihane and also chops and changes the formation every bloody week, so there is nothing for the players to work on consistently and actually get better at.

This hoof ball stuff is utterly diabolical considering the talent he has at his disposal. I'm at a loss to explain the fact we signed a goal scorer, assist making midfielder and an attacking scoring midfielder proven at other clubs, who come here and are showing nothing like what they are capable of is mind blowing. You can see one guy having trouble, but all 3 of them after being at the club for 4 months????????

One worried Villain :(

Hard to disagree with any of that .

im glad I'm off to Portugal and will miss the last game as i think Brighton could rip us apart if we play like today.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Â