Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course we can.

Whether we will or not is another question.

But if the Villa that beat Wolves turns up then we'll win.

I'd like to agree but I can't I'm afraid - Wolves have been the best team in this league by a country mile for most of this season - however right now I would back Fulham to beat them over two legs they are really flying and have come to the party with incredible timing imo 

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I'd like to agree but I can't I'm afraid - Wolves have been the best team in this league by a country mile for most of this season - however right now I would back Fulham to beat them over two legs they are really flying and have come to the party with incredible timing imo 

Maybe but it won’t be Fulham over 2 legs it’ll be one big game a team Wembley. Then hopefully our experience will come in handy.  

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

And we beat that best team in the league by a country mile 4-1

If that Villa turns up we can beat anybody in this league.

The big question is will that Villa turn up? I'm not massively confident.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think you have to clear it from the "Editor".

There is usually a tiny bit of writing at the bottom with the option to clear the last quote.

used to drive me nuts as well haha.

It's weird as it is usually something I have already posted, days before. 

48 minutes ago, Dick said:

It's weird as it is usually something I have already posted, days before. 

If you use different devices etc. Tablet, Mobile, and Laptop, each will be left with the last comment you made from the device.

So for instance if the last time you commented/quoted on a particular device will be left on it even if you are now quoting on another device.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you use different devices etc. Tablet, Mobile, and Laptop, each will be left with the last comment you made from the device.

So for instance if the last time you commented/quoted on a particular device will be left on it even if you are now quoting on another device.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:
49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just tried to delete this quite on my android phone and you simply can't do it. In fact, you can get into a state like I just did where I can't even add any text in. It doesn't let you select properly. And yes, as you say, it remembers what you were trying to do across sessions meaning you can't ever get rid of the quote box!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just tried to delete this quite on my android phone and you simply can't do it. In fact, you can get into a state like I just did where I can't even add any text in. It doesn't let you select properly. And yes, as you say, it remembers what you were trying to do across sessions meaning you can't ever get rid of the quote box!

Yup, it's quite annoying.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm more confident now than I would have been at any point in the past 6 years.

Our record in 'big' games has gotten better as the season has gone on, starting with Middlesboro away, Sheff Utd away, Bristol City, Wolves and Cardiff at home. Most of those games were also screened live and our record of performing in front of the cameras has definitely gotten better.

As has been highlighted on numerous occasions, it's been our inability to win games we should have won that's let us down ultimately (Bolton, Hull, Norwich and QPR).

I think we have big occasion players, Terry for sure, Grealish was immense in the semi-final vs Liverpool a few years back and I think others will rise to it too.

Not saying I think we will definitely win the playoffs but I'm not concerned by the prospect of playing big/good teams.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave J said:

Even against Fulham ? I personally don't think we can beat them  either via two legs or the one off final.

We thought that, against Wolves.

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm more confident now than I would have been at any point in the past 6 years.

Our record in 'big' games has gotten better as the season has gone on, starting with Middlesboro away, Sheff Utd away, Bristol City, Wolves and Cardiff at home. Most of those games were also screened live and our record of performing in front of the cameras has definitely gotten better.

As has been highlighted on numerous occasions, it's been our inability to win games we should have won that's let us down ultimately (Bolton, Hull, Norwich and QPR).

I think we have big occasion players, Terry for sure, Grealish was immense in the semi-final vs Liverpool a few years back and I think others will rise to it too.

Not saying I think we will definitely win the playoffs but I'm not concerned by the prospect of playing big/good teams.

If we get to Wembley I’ll  be confident but it’s the away leg that worries me. We have a capability to beat anyone but we also have one to lose badly. When we have a stinker we have a bad one. After watching Millwall hammer Fulham for 20 min I don’t think we’d have got throughout at nil nil so having Boro might be better for us. Physical sides are more of a threat than footballing ones for us. Hopefully we’ll have an idea after this weekend who we will play but bring it on. We can smash anyone at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

In fairness, we tend to win when we absolutely have to.  Wolves and Cardiff recently showing that we can go toe-to-toe. 

It's when there's no pressure we **** up, like Norwich, Bolton and early season results. 

Fulham away was a bad one, but there was plenty of the season after that, and that was just as the Fulham behemoth was starting to roll. 

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Potentially.  I think this season we've actually been better against Fulham (in both games) than we have against Cardiff.  Even when we lost 2-0 to Fulham, they weren't dominant at all (although were comfortable after their 2nd) and we were missing Grealish, Adomah etc. Pretty sure their 2nd goal was a goalkeeper error punished from 40 yards or so, too.

Obviously a very good team, but nothing to fear really.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Potentially.  I think this season we've actually been better against Fulham (in both games) than we have against Cardiff.  Even when we lost 2-0 to Fulham, they weren't dominant at all (although were comfortable after their 2nd) and we were missing Grealish, Adomah etc. Pretty sure their 2nd goal was a goalkeeper error punished from 40 yards or so, too.

Difficult to argue against anything here... having said that, Fulham have only gone from strength to strength even after that game. I'm not saying we have to downright fear them, but we should at least be wary. Their only blimp since Dec 16 has been the recent draw against Brentford. 

Looking at this objectively, I still think it's unlikely we'll beat them, should we need to. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

In fairness, we tend to win when we absolutely have to.  Wolves and Cardiff recently showing that we can go toe-to-toe. 

It's when there's no pressure we **** up, like Norwich, Bolton and early season results. 

Fulham away was a bad one, but there was plenty of the season after that, and that was just as the Fulham behemoth was starting to roll. 

Well this just isn't true. When we really needed to win to stake a claim for second place, we lost to QPR, and Bolton.

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Well this just isn't true. When we really needed to win to stake a claim for second place, we lost to QPR, and Bolton.

ha, well **** me, why didn't we just win every game? 

Then we'd have had a chance of winning the league. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

To be fair, most games I have seen us lose had more to do with us being absolute turd as a pose to the other team being brilliant.

• Like 2

Â