Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Correct. Last season we were utter garage, this season not so. From a points total, goals scored or games won perspective we've done quite well. But from an actual footballing perspective, we still don't play 'good football', and aren't consistent enough when it most matters, hence the reason we're destined for the playoffs. 

Whether we play “ good football” is subjective, some will agree, some won’t. Why do some people think that if they don’t like the football it is automatically no good ?

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Correct. Last season we were utter garage, this season not so. From a points total, goals scored or games won perspective we've done quite well. But from an actual, pure footballing perspective, we still don't play 'good football', and aren't consistent enough when it most matters, hence the reason we're destined for the playoffs. 

Is that because we parked the bus ?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Sorry if it grieves you to hear we win a lot.

Yes I know several people who prefer opinions to facts. But if you don’t like it, fine. I prefer it to the subjective stuff especially on the internet where I find logic and rationality often go out the window. I’ve just pointed out a few numbers, sorry if it makes you want to swear !

As it happens, Fulham have lost to Sunderland and Burton,  Cardiff to Blues and Bolton, a,ongst ithers. For goodness sake teams lose games they should Win !!! Have you only just started watching football ?

Feel free to post your pointless facts. Not much to discuss though. Why not try to instead explain why we've crumbled to lesser teams when the going got tough? Then we could perhaps have a real debate.

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Feel free to post your pointless facts. Not much to discuss though. Why not try to instead explain why we've crumbled to lesser teams when the going got tough? Then we could perhaps have a real debate.

I’d rather not debate with someone who describes facts as pointless.

Just now, terrytini said:

I’d rather not debate with someone who describes facts as pointless.

I'm terribly sorry it hurt your feelings, me not liking your facts. You can write a book about how we've been just as good as Fulham the last 40, 50 or whatever amount of games for all I care. Fact is they are still above us, and will most likely finish above us.

Reminds of Stewart Lees conversation with the Taxi driver who declared “ Facts, facts, don’t give me facts ! You can prove anything with facts..I prefer to rely on ignorance and blind prejudice “.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'm terribly sorry it hurt your feelings, me not liking your facts. You can write a book about how we've been just as good as Fulham the last 40, 50 or whatever amount of games for all I care. Fact is they are still above us, and will most likely finish above us.

By the way, they aren’t MY facts lol......they just are. And there are others, some which support my argument and some which don’t. 

24 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Is that because we parked the bus ?

No its because we had no SERVICE.:D

Thats put a spanner in the works.

er, I'll get my coat.

Edited by TRO

We are now a Steve Bruce team, a Wigan, a Hull, functional, uninspiring, hardworking but not paricularly flattering.

As suspected he has turned a team that should have run through this league into a bunch of nearly men.  If we go up, this lot will come back down.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, macandally said:

We are now a Steve Bruce team, a Wigan, a Hull, functional, uninspiring, hardworking but not paricularly flattering.

As suspected he has turned a team that should have run through this league into a bunch of nearly men.  If we go up, this lot will come back down.

Or he stopped us doing exactly what Sunderland are doing in their first season in the championship and now has us In the play offs. After the state we came down in and the way we started under RDM I'm actually pretty pleased with how things have gone so far. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

I don’t get the comparison, it’s like a Premier League fan wanting their club to have been more like Man City......yes I know we e spent but take two terrific players out that Wolves side - that they’ve done exceptionally well to get -and they’d be the same as us.

Comparisons getting a bit stretched now, but it's not just any PL fan, like Burnley or something -  It's like a Man Utd fan wanting Man Utd to play, and win, and entertain like City. I think they probably all do.

If we had a shit squad I wouldn't care, but the team is there, the manager's ambition/ability isn't.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Or he stopped us doing exactly what Sunderland are doing in their first season in the championship.

My thanks go to Dr. Tony.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I think there is nothing more disappointing in football than fans who are only happy if their team is the very best.

Nothing? What about those 5th refs that stand behind Champions League goal mouth holding batons?

Looking for improvement wouldn't be a bad trait for our club.

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Be interesting if we did a best 11 from the top 4 how many would be villa players. Really don't get the we should have walked the league. Wolves manager did a really good interview on how this is the hardest league. 

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Whether we play “ good football” is subjective, some will agree, some won’t. Why do some people think that if they don’t like the football it is automatically no good ?

You've already answered that. It's subjective. 

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Be interesting if we did a best 11 from the top 4 how many would be villa players. Really don't get the we should have walked the league. Wolves manager did a really good interview on how this is the hardest league. 

Wolves virtually walked it. As for his interview, that's just respect.

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

I think there is nothing more disappointing in football than fans who are only happy if their team is the very best.

I think you mean: are only happy if their playing good football. And, trust me, who wouldn't be happy with that. 

3 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Or he stopped us doing exactly what Sunderland are doing in their first season in the championship and now has us In the play offs. After the state we came down in and the way we started under RDM I'm actually pretty pleased with how things have gone so far. 

The Sunderland example is the extreme one though, most teams who get relegated don't do that. We may have come down in a state but that state soon turned to spending loads of money, much, much more than Ellis has been willing to do at Sunderland. If we had been down in Sunderland's position with our spending it would have been beyond horrific and would have been the worst performance ever in the Champsionship from any team considering the spending.

• Like 3

Â