Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 15/03/2018 at 12:38, Lerner's Driver said:

Let's be honest, that feeling is not one particularly attributable to Aston Villa under Steve Bruce, rather it is:

(a) A distinct possibility for almost every club, given the fragile nature of player confidence/team form and the potential impact of those factors on a club's direction of travel/status

and... 

(b) You expressing the understandable 'Villa are going f*** it up again' mentality - it's entirely forgivable, but also something that impairs our judgment of the circumstances surrounding our club, I would say.

If I am right, then I'd have to say your feeling doesn't provide enough persuasive evidence to get rid of Steve Bruce.

Well that's your opinion which of course you are entitled to hold.

On 15/03/2018 at 15:54, TRO said:

Me too.....and he will build an even stronger team.

That would be plain foley in my opinion TRO - if he does not deliver the goods this season - on what basis does he deserve to stay - ? I don't want us lingering around this league for a moment longer than necessary - despite us doing well at this moment and I won't be taking anything away from all concerned - SB just does not inspire me to the point that makes me feel he can take the club forwards and back to where we want to be.

• Like 3

This isn’t a dig at Bruce as such but every tom dick and Harry spoke about how mental it was having only one left back in the whole squad. We got lucky that a RB ended up doing a better job than our LB but seriously how can you start a season in that position and then not strengthen it in January? I get FFP and no money etc but are things really that hard up? 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This isn’t a dig at Bruce as such but every tom dick and Harry spoke about how mental it was having only one left back in the whole squad. We got lucky that a RB ended up doing a better job than our LB but seriously how can you start a season in that position and then not strengthen it in January? I get FFP and no money etc but are things really that hard up? 

I think it should be a dig at Bruce, actually.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just a JCB

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbh, I think it was more tongue in cheek. At least, I hope it was.

Oh I know it was......Just wanted to re-establish how bad they're doing at the moment!! Even in our bleakest moments as a club they seem to do even worse...silver linings and all that  :)

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. But also at the club for having no money. 

For three windows? During which he brought in 10 (ish) new players?  

And who’s playing LB for U-23?   Who cares let’s put two DM’s on the bench. 

Sorry, this (among other things) lands at Bruce’s doorstep.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

For three windows? During which he brought in 10 (ish) new players?  

And who’s playing LB for U-23?   Who cares let’s put two DM’s on the bench. 

Sorry, this (among other things) lands at Bruce’s doorstep.  

Can’t argue with that to be fair. 

Â