Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, vreitti said:

What are these attributes that make Bruce such a good manager, that aren't possible to get with someone else?

he is British, has media friends and has passion. 3 amazing attributes in football management

• Like 2

The thing is, we have Bruce`s team and that team finished 4th.He did well in the transfer market and we did play some good games ( I would prefer a more attacking style ) and although Fulham were the better team in the first half I wonder what would have happened if the ref sent off a player for what he did not for when he did it ( talking about the Jack.G incident here.Also any new manager would want his team ( which means going back to square one,and possibly bieng in this division for another 5/6 years ) and how many managers could field a decent team with the $$$ we have ?! Bruce has shown he can get a team on a shoestring and a fairly decent team at that so the only really sensible thing seems to be.Keep Bruce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

What are these attributes that make Bruce such a good manager, that aren't possible to get with someone else?

Not so much a good manager, but an edge which is useful....his contacts book.

If you are pedalling the notion that he has nothing at all good about him....then lets just drop a nonsensical conversation between us.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think this season was our chance. Skint or not we will struggle next season I would almost guarantee that.

We will only struggle if we don't do the right things on the pitch.

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

I think he has been an excellent man manager and created a great atmosphere in the changing room.  It looks to me though that even in the Championship the game is becoming more tactical and that's where he falls short of others.  With Bruce it's about getting the best players he has on the park and getting every ounce of effort, but little tactical acumen as far as I can tell.  I actually fancy him to make some shrewd signings even if we don't have a pot to piss in this summer, if he stays.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he has been an excellent man manager and created a great atmosphere in the changing room.  It looks to me though that even in the Championship the game is becoming more tactical and that's where he falls short of others.  With Bruce it's about getting the best players he has on the park and getting every ounce of effort, but little tactical acumen as far as I can tell.  I actually fancy him to make some shrewd signings even if we don't have a pot to piss in this summer, if he stays.

I think there were games when he was tactically short and games where he had it spot on.

but it is possible to get a game tactically wrong and still win due to other factors being spot on.

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Far too often this had the players looking all over the place against so called weaker opposition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The thing is, we have Bruce`s team and that team finished 4th.He did well in the transfer market and we did play some good games ( I would prefer a more attacking style ) and although Fulham were the better team in the first half I wonder what would have happened if the ref sent off a player for what he did not for when he did it ( talking about the Jack.G incident here.Also any new manager would want his team ( which means going back to square one,and possibly bieng in this division for another 5/6 years ) and how many managers could field a decent team with the $$$ we have ?! Bruce has shown he can get a team on a shoestring and a fairly decent team at that so the only really sensible thing seems to be.Keep Bruce.

When? Surely you don't mean us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If you are pedalling the notion that he has nothing at all good about him....then lets just drop a nonsensical conversation between us.

But TRO his contacts are most likely to be seasoned pro's who come with a high ££ to their name and this is what concerns fans for next year - can he work on a potential shoestring ?

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

But TRO his contacts are most likely to be seasoned pro's who come with a high ££ to their name and this is what concerns fans for next year - can he work on a potential shoestring ?

i guess his contacts are not of all the same profile Dave.....Johnstone wasn't seasoned or expensive.

Not everyone will be a john Terry or snoddy

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I wasn't "pedalling" anything. Genuine question. I'm inclined to agree, he seems to have good contacts, but it's not exactly a unique trade, I'm sure we can find another manager with contacts. It certainly isn't a good enough reason for him to stay, considering our plight.

I'm hearing that one of the reason we should keep Bruce around is his contacts. I've never heard anything so ridiculous. It's not as if he has a secret black book. This is the 21st century. Videos and background information is available online to every manager, including their salary, injury details, strengths, weaknesses, etc. There's no secret sauce here, it's just common sense.

The reason we got Terry was because we promised we would invest to get promotion. We got Snodgrass because we were the only team prepared to cover his wages. Tell me where Bruce's super secret contacts have helped elsewhere?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

We did have Bruce's team of which 8 - Bree, Elmohamedy, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Lansbury, Bjarnasson, and Hogan - remain.

The rest of his team have now left and he only has players left from previous regimes (that he needs to offload) and the youth system. 

The full team he did have he failed his objective with. I do not see how he will now suddenly get us promotion with what is left and the task ahead considering he has other players to move on first whilst potentially has no funds whatsoever to play with either. - His black book this season will be as much use as a chocolate toaster.

With the kitty he has had for this division many manager would have achieved automatic promotion atleast. For me, he has had his role of the dice armed with significant funds to do it with and just under in under 2 seasons. He has done well but it has not been enough.

His best chance was last season. How he set us up and played how we did at Wembley he bottled our approach to the game and we paid for it like many of the results that season in the same approach. It's beyond fouls and red cards I'm afraid.

For the good he has done in turning us around when he arrived to now I think he needs to leave as I just cannot see how he will do any better than last season with what remains left as his playing personel this season and £0 to spend. So it is back to square one really either way whether Bruce stays or leaves given other club circumstances at the moment.

For me It's time for a new manager with fresh ideas and imputus seeking a big challenge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We did have Bruce's team of which 8 - Bree, Elmohamedy, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Lansbury, Bjarnasson, and Hogan - remain.

Not that it really matters, but I'm pretty sure Whelan was Bruce's doing as well. 

We should have been going out into each game and taking control, being the confident and almost arrogant lion stalking its prey. Instead, we were sent out like a little kitten fearful of its surroundings and it showed. It'll only get worse from Bruce now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I expect we'll hear a lot more in the press next week about our plans, after Bruce has been informed of his future and budget. Would be nice if he could come out and say no to a Grealish sale except for silly money.

Â