Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Excellent adjustments at HT - we tightened up at the back (we had been a bit open 1st half) but still had enough about us going forward.

Wolves players got frustrated but we kept our heads - which is down to man management.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If we don’t go up, we need to stick with this man. He’s built a real squad here and we will storm the chanpionship next season if we are still in it. 

Not sure. We will not have this squad next season. 

Anyway we won't have to worry as we are going up this year. 

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If we don’t go up, we need to stick with this man. He’s built a real squad here and we will storm the chanpionship next season if we are still in it. 

If we don’t go up we will likely lose a few of these players but I agree - Bruce needs to stay in the job either way .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Absolutely brilliant management on the day but there is so much more to it than that.

The character within the team has been evident for a good while now, and the development of that character is ultimate down to one Man.

His nurturing of this squad has been absolutely magnificent. THAT ( and astute transfers) is why he can galvanise the players to perform at the maximum of their potential. 

Fantastic. 

I  am very very glad that he didn’t go when I wanted him gone !!!

Ditto .

I'm sure Bruce could replace a few of these players using his contacts, he really does have great contacts in the game. And I am fully changed mind now, Bruce must stay should we get promotion - starting again would be so mental. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Oh absolutely

Its not just the performance and wins, its the aura/atmosphere around the club Bruce has created that I love. It seems a real tight knit group of players who give 100% and care about what goes on. After having years of charlatans in the squad more it is so refreshing to see a real 'team'. 

The players drafted in this year like Elmo, Terry, Snoddy and Grabban have been masterstrokes. Even Whelan hasn't been as bad as some people have said. 

I actually enjoy watching us again now and its been some years since I could say that. 

Well done Brucey!

• Like 2

Â