Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

His biggest achievement here is bringing back the professionalism.

I was thinking at 45+1 how easy it would be to coast into the break, but that a proper team would try to make something of the opportunity available from a throw in the opposition half. Every minute counts and the whole team knows it and works for it.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well done Brucie delighted for him. Was good to rest a few players for the big one Saturday

Yeah agree Dem,  3 games in 9 days will see near enough everyone playable getting a game me thinks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah agree Dem,  3 games in 9 days will see near enough everyone playable getting a game me thinks.

My only thing would be he needs to be giving lansbury more game time. enough of onomah, he has very been very poor so far and he isn't even ours. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My only thing would be he needs to be giving lansbury more game time. enough of onomah, he has very been very poor so far and he isn't even ours. 

Yeah that is true but Bruce see's something in him and apparantly wants to ensure we sign him permanently .. god knows what and why, he's absolutely crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah that is true but Bruce see's something in him and apparantly wants to ensure we sign him permanently .. god knows what and why, he's absolutely crap.

I think there is more to it. I think it is to please spurs. as i think if we dont go up should we want to get anymore of spurs better younger players on loan they will allow it. if we dont play onomah at all spurs will hesitate in sending anymore to us. i do agree though he is poor 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Craigy1874 said:

Watched Benteke last night - was poor - think he has lost it tbh.

I loved Tekkers, could argue I was I the the fan club but however seeing him now I don't want him anywhere near the club. Not unless he'll halve his wages. He is literally robbing palace with his current output. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Valid point, I've even forgot we have Landsbury at times..

Have they fallen out?

Some with an agenda would paint me as Bruce hater but I actually placed a public wager before the season that we'd get promoted this season with Bruce in charge.

I lost my way mid season, like many others but Bruce is now doing a great job undeniably. Our poor start may or may not cost us but since that Xmas blip I've loved the Villa. 

Please now just kick on and get promoted so we can enjoy the Premier League again, and regain the title of King of the midlands.

Lets face it, baggies have done a great job keeping our seat warm but they bugga off now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Money doesn’t buy team spirit or confidence and we have it in abundance

Bang on. 

This is where the real magic lies - in understanding human relationships and the chemistry behind them, as it applies in a sporting context - something which is anything but an exact science... hence, 'dinosaur but still very effective at this level' Steve Bruce. 

There are many other necessary things that contribute to lasting success (as opposed to the fleeting version), but you won't enjoy much of it without team spirit or confidence. 

The whole process may have taken longer than some people would have liked and we are still not promoted which is of course the yardstick, but...

to my mind, even if we don't get promoted this year and he then goes, I would still thank and congratulate Steve Bruce for giving us our identity back. We were dying of cancer, simple as that. Tony helped too of course. Thanks to both.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wins do.

Yes they do but giving players confidence and belief is a key and difficult part of a Managers job and Bruce has done that. And the creation of a good spirit requires a lot in addition to winning. And he’s fostered that.

The Wins have come because we have talented players flourishing under good management.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, terrytini said:

Yes they do but giving players confidence and belief is a key and difficult part of a Managers job and Bruce has done that. And the creation of a good spirit requires a lot in addition to winning. And he’s fostered that.

The Wins have come because we have talented players flourishing under good management.

I would imagine Steve to be a very easy guy to get on with, but driven by a steely determination to succeed.

I would also imagine he has been able to empower his staff to engender a winning mentality throughout the club.

Its things like chinese whispers and little pockets of clicks and private agenda's I think he has banished....to all singing off the same hymn sheet.

It takes time and experience to deal with it.

We are still developing and not the finished article, so for me.....I would be happy, no matter where we finish for him to carry on, the overall good work.

We was a major construction site when he arrived......we now just want him to put up new curtains.

Well done Steve.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â