Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is only one time that matters about being in an automatic promotion place.....after the last game of the season.

being in one now, is purely cosmetic.

With the added fact that any points you have picked up by this point will of course count towards the final tally.

Being in the promotion spot now doesn't give you anything, but it shows you've done a good job so far.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Its not insulting him telling him the truth in that he is a shit manager for us, has lied and patronised the fans.

For being shit at his job, lying and patronising the fans he deserves every bit of critisism thrown at him.

If he doesnt like it, he should f*** o** and go somewhere where his Bruce-ball, lies and patronising is appreciated.

I don’t agree with his recent comments. But you can’t pretend you don’t insult him. 

You’ve called him a word removed numerous times (despite claiming you don’t)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sne said:

With the added fact that any points you have picked up by this point will of course count towards the final tally.

Being in the promotion spot now doesn't give you anything, but it shows you've done a good job so far.

I know, but we haven't done a good job, overall.......just stayed in touch.

but its the remaining games that count and as none of us have a crystal ball that will give us that information.....we just have to hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The fans don't get paid what a manager does. While I respect you're overall intent for a happier world, I don't think that asking for some fans to be nice to Bruce cos it's a new year has diddly squat to do with AVFC, Steve Bruce or our situation.

Well one thing the villa has is class, it sets us apart from sha for example. I see your point but personally I don’t see income as a mitigating factor for abuse. What strikes me is basically this - lose = anger, draw = anger, win  = anger. This to me does not compute. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well one thing the villa has is class, it sets us apart from sha for example. I see your point but personally I don’t see income as a mitigating factor for abuse. What strikes me is basically this - lose = anger, draw = anger, win  = anger. This to me does not compute. 

I don't think it is that simple. It's not just anger, anger, anger. I have moments where I get annoyed, I also have happy moments. I have is an opinion based on what I see and what I know (and I may well be wrong) that Bruce doesn't and won't make the cut and get us up.

Im not angry at Steve Bruce, I just don't think he is good enough to manage the club I support. He seems a decent bloke, that's not going to get us promoted.

Ps. I agree that income doesn't mitigate abuse I was poorly trying to say that his income is based on the size and importance of his job and therefore it comes with certain pressures. It doesn't condone the abuse I heard he copped, not in any way. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

For me it's more like - lose = anger/dejection, draw = disappointment/dejection, win = relief.

And it all comes down to the need to get out of this league. Promotion or bust, that is all.

Sadly I'm no longer able the enjoy individual games by themselves like I could in the PL. It's all about the "bigger picture"

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t agree with his recent comments. But you can’t pretend you don’t insult him. 

You’ve called him a word removed numerous times (despite claiming you don’t)

Don't poke the G-man, Stevo. You won't like him when he turns green.

20 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Its not insulting him telling him the truth in that he is a shit manager for us, has lied and patronised the fans.

For being shit at his job, lying and patronising the fans he deserves every bit of critisism thrown at him.

If he doesnt like it, he should f*** o** and go somewhere where his Bruce-ball, lies and patronising is appreciated.

• You don't seem to be the type to develop temporary crushes......once you start liking someone.....you're in it for the long run:D
Edited by TRO

I see and read all the calls for Steve Bruce to go......but I am tired of us having to recruit from who is out of work.....its just no good.

It would be much more strategic, prudent and ambitious to get the right man.

Its unlikely to lure a manager from the upper echelons, but there are still some decent ones in the lower half.

My choice would be Chris Hughton.

If the right package could be put together including transfer funds.....I think we could get him.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I see and read all the calls for Steve Bruce to go......but I am tired of us having to recruit from who is out of work.....its just no good.

Its unlikely to lure a manager from the upper echelons, but there are still some decent ones in the lower half.

If the right package could be put together including transfer funds.....I think we could get him.

I think in the championship that ship has sailed as we can't now give someone the funds to blow pretty much every other Championship club out of the water. We had that opportunity when we had just gone down and Xia came in but we went for Di Matteo.

If we can get promoted then I think it opens up some good possibilities for us in terms of attracting managers at smaller Premier League clubs who are arguably overachieving just by being there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

For me it's more like - lose = anger/dejection, draw = disappointment/dejection, win = relief.

This is basically the life of a football fan unless you support Barcelona, PSG or Manchester City.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sadly I'm no longer able the enjoy individual games by themselves like I could in the PL. It's all about the "bigger picture"

The PL was about the bigger picture too.  Hoping crap teams like Wigan wouldn't win so we could breathe for another week.  Calculating goal difference compared to Ian Holloway's Blackpool just in case they caught us up.  Praying we'd scrape another couple of points to survive for another year, or finally to not be the worst team in Premier League history.

It was about watching us circle the drain for 6 years before we finally stopped being the turd that wouldn't flush and now we find ourselves here.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is basically the life of a football fan unless you support Barcelona, PSG or Manchester City.

The PL was about the bigger picture too.  Hoping crap teams like Wigan wouldn't win so we could breathe for another week.  Calculating goal difference compared to Ian Holloway's Blackpool just in case they caught us up.  Praying we'd scrape another couple of points to survive for another year, or finally to not be the worst team in Premier League history.

It was about watching us circle the drain for 6 years before we finally stopped being the turd that wouldn't flush and now we find ourselves here.

It was. I agree

But the odd win against say Pool or even West Ham did give me a bit of enjoyment and it was in the top tier of football against good players and managers.

Winning against Preston does not, it's just 3 points.

This is all down to flaws with me and my preferences and my dropping interest in football overall. But with me not being English the Championship and most teams in it is just meh.

As I said in the summer, I just wan't this season to be over, for better or worse. Obviously hoping for better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Chris Hughton would be another sidestep and another manager who just isn't quite good enough. It would be Steve Bruce all over again. We need a manager with some x factor and some actual quality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Why not? Fans don't extend such courtesy to the manager. It's a shame so many Villains are so constantly angry about the manager, even after a heartening end of year win. I'm not making any assumptions but I think it is not good for people in general to remain so angry, constantly. It is the new year, I don't think you lot should forget your unhappiness towards Bruce, but if for one moment you extend that anger to anybody near you then you should think twice, life is far too short for this grumpiness. 

Thanks for your concern for my well being.  I have a blessed and happy life.  

I think Steve Bruce is doing a very poor job for villa.  I think he is the wrong man for our club at this time.  I think the club will be better off if Xia fires Bruce and Wyness and replaces them with visionary leaders that have a picture of how Villa will operate in a few years and the courage to demand excellence in the steps to get there.  Undisciplined, half/arsed performances are not acceptable from players, coaches, groundskeepers, ticket takers, marketing staff, AVTV, managers, or anyone else.  Part of that vision should include that he passion of fans should be appreciated and celebrated, not chided, not ignored.   

Hope your new year is as cheerful as mine.  

Wyness and Bruce out. 

BTW, I don’t believe anything In this post is abusive. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

Think Hughton is with Brighton for the long haul, he is loved down there, has achieved something incredible with them and has job security wether they get relegated or stay up, coming to Villa is a huge risk for someone like Hughton who has it made where he is currently. 

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Why not? Fans don't extend such courtesy to the manager. It's a shame so many Villains are so constantly angry about the manager, even after a heartening end of year win. I'm not making any assumptions but I think it is not good for people in general to remain so angry, constantly. It is the new year, I don't think you lot should forget your unhappiness towards Bruce, but if for one moment you extend that anger to anybody near you then you should think twice, life is far too short for this grumpiness. 

It's one of the those unwritten rules.  I agree about the anger though. It's just a game. There should never be any anger towards him. 

A quick word about abuse.  

If you think it’s abusive for fans to yell at or boo a manager or player.....

how about a ref?

an opponent?

is it abusive or not?  If it is, why do you condone it against some?

one other perspective, told me by an international player whose name you would recognize.   “I let the crowd sing and chant my name when I do well, I better be able to let them hate me, too.”

EDIT: one more thought.  Some things screamed at the field may or may not be abusive of a manager, but may also be abusive of the families (especially kids) sitting nearby. 

Edited by srsmithusa
Additional thought

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Chris Hughton would be another sidestep and another manager who just isn't quite good enough. It would be Steve Bruce all over again. We need a manager with some x factor and some actual quality.

Have to disagree with this, Hughton is a level above Bruce, but Hughton wouldn’t come here anyways. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Have to disagree with this, Hughton is a level above Bruce, but Hughton wouldn’t come here anyways. 

They're both on the same level in my opinion. Houghton maybe has slightly more potential but I wouldn't be confident in either of them getting us promoted let alone keeping us in the Premier League or pushing us on once we got there.

Â