Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think the future has already been decided tbh.

We had our chance to get rid of him and didn't take it.

Any manager that comes in now i feel will struggle.

A decent manager should take this squad and get promotion - Bruce is not motivating them to perform - maybe he has lost the dressing room and the players know he will go before they do .

31 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

But like what? There are non-specific comments being made that seem to me to be an attempt to excuse Bruce's ineptitude.

It really is just down to, specifically, the manager. And, probably, to his coaching team.

I have just wrote a few in another post, but AB i am not excusing him, but I am alarmed at where we have found ourselves even so early......some may not be.

I have a suspicion that we will be in the same place again, with the next possible man....just my hunch, we will see if its unfounded.

You say his ineptitude, but that sits slightly uncomfortable with me, because thats like saying he is poor at everything.....I didn't see many complaining when we bought many of the signings which he must have been instrumental in bringing  in....its very hard for any individual to be rubbish at everything.

you see, I agree he has to take the responsibility.....but you equally are unsure....you say " the manager and probably his coaching staff" that in itself breeds doubt.....but he is responsible for them too, yeah.

I have to be honest, I have no sure  idea of why we managed to serve up Saturdays game, but I am reluctant to hang him for everything in light of so many before him having much the same fate.

But we may all see soon.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Most of the players have been here for a year or less. It would not be possible for them to have that mentality in that short period.

In your opinion, how long does it take for an attitude that accepts failure to "infect" new players?   Or perhaps you think the overall effort and attitude you saw in Cardiff was just fine?   I will agree with you to a point.  I feel confident that John Terry and Onomah are both disturbed by the lack of passion they witnessed.   But complacency spreads quickly.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm just so sick of being so shit. All the time.

Were not just shit yesterday we wasn't even competitive.

We didn't even try it was a complete and utter capitulation.

I'd have fined them a weeks wages for poor performance had it been FM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm just so sick of being so shit. All the time.

do you know Steve....for all the rhetoric on here

That is such a poignant and apt statement......and I think it just about sums all of our thoughts up.

Bravo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Reading, Norwich and Bristol - how many points does he need to keep his job? 

I don't think we can lose another game so quickly if we want promotion, so I honestly think he needs 7 points. 

I think we will get 2 points  at most from those 3 games and that's me being optimistic :( 

Edited by Eastie

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I don't think we can lose another game so quickly if we want promotion, so I honestly think he needs 7 points. 

7 points and the 2 wins cannot be 1-0 and us getting battered for large parts of the game. 

For me it's as much about what we see from the performances as the results themselves. 

9 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

We won't get a single point from the 3 clubs you have just mentioned. Only positive is that he should be gone after the Bristol game. Hopefully....

Â