Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'm sorry but I just don't buy it, not anymore. The manager is the main problem here. That's not to say there couldn't be other problems too. Bruce has most likely lost the dressing room, which no doubt will yield performances like yesterdays.

No,No you could well be right....I couldn't realistically say you are wrong could I on the back of that yesterday,

but we will only be sure, when Steve Bruce has gone and the next man has a chance to prove you right or maybe fuel my doubts of more to it all than meets the eye.

we will see.

14 minutes ago, thejoker said:

A good coach/manager would improve individual players, and I honestly can't think of a single player that has benefitted from Steve Bruce's 'coaching'. Even Sherwood managed to get a tune out of Grealish in the Premier League. It's not working. Bruce has had his time and the game has moved on. We need our football people (Steve Round) to find the next Wagner and have some imagination.

Kodjia?

8 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Whilst I can't defend or justify yesterday's performance and agree that Bruce has many failings, I cannot accept that a lack of bottle and desire to compete is solely down to manager and coaching staff. I think the players know their job but something is lacking at the club. I actually think they're paid too much to care and so can't be bothered as another manager will be along shortly, so why worry about anything the current one is asking them to do!

Most of the team had an off day, even Chester (who struggled again against a physical forward). Hence we got humiliated..

I struggle with that bit too....He has to take responsibility of course, but some of the things I have seen from individuals has me gasping for air.

you might be on to something there with your next 2 lines.

I think Chester is susceptible to struggle against physical forwards.....but Warnock is a past master of exploiting any opposition weakness.

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I'm sure noone is defending him, or if they are they dont have the clubs best interests at heart. What I do know is that he's got his players, he's had a pre-season, he's had money. And yet nothing has changed. No gameplan, shit football, getting nothing from the players, cant score, cant defend, awful subs at awful times.

He is an appalling manager.

well, I wonder if someone in authority at BMH Monday morning will quote that?:)

....He may just walk.

Being confident that Bruce must go does not equate with a naive belief that he is the only problem.  That's a straw man thrown up by those still baffled by his failure. The club is rotten.  There is a mentality that has lost the pride of winning and dominating.  Bruce has utterly failed to change that.  But it won't go away when he does.  It will need to be faced and defeated by the next manager and his coaches.  I desperately hope they are up to it.      But the current team is not.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

well, I wonder if someone in authority at BMH Monday morning will quote that?:)

....He may just walk.

I wish he would TRO - the tide I'm afraid is turning- if we lose on Tuesday and then go a goal down to Norwich can you  just imagine the atmosphere around VP ?

20 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Kodjia?

Kodjia had an excellent season at Bristol and started off well with us. He'd have done the same regardless of who was manager. Maybe more if he hadn't been the club's sole attacking unit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Being confident that Bruce must go does not equate with a naive belief that he is the only problem.  That's a straw man thrown up by those still baffled by his failure. The club is rotten.  There is a mentality that has lost the pride of winning and dominating.  Bruce has utterly failed to change that.  But it won't go away when he does.  It will need to be faced and defeated by the next manager and his coaches.  I desperately hope they are up to it.      But the current team is not.  

FWIW all that is my underlying suspicion.

Our club has an infrastructure commensurate with the premiership....that is a hefty burden of overheads and with that brings a desperation to get back amongst the money....quite understandable....but that desperation could be at the centre of our problems....i emphasize could.

To do that we have gone for well established names of players that have been doing it at other championship clubs or premier league stalwarts and by nature, we have had to pay heftily for their release.

by contrast, our competitors are having to search and buy at much more modest levels and in many cases these up and coming up starts who are out to make a name and have the hunger and desire to go with it are unsettling our cosy little party.

I don't profess to know the answers, but my mind is doing overtime at the minute with this low level of desire from our lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Kodjia had an excellent season at Bristol and started off well with us. He'd have done the same regardless of who was manager. Maybe more if he hadn't been the club's sole attacking unit. 

Fair enough.

38 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Whilst I can't defend or justify yesterday's performance and agree that Bruce has many failings, I cannot accept that a lack of bottle and desire to compete is solely down to manager and coaching staff. I think the players know their job but something is lacking at the club. I actually think they're paid too much to care and so can't be bothered as another manager will be along shortly, so why worry about anything the current one is asking them to do!

Most of the team had an off day, even Chester (who struggled again against a physical forward). Hence we got humiliated..

Well that would probably indicate that Bruce has lost the dressing room.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

by contrast, our competitors are having to search and buy at much more modest levels and in many cases these up and coming up starts who are out to make a name and have the hunger and desire to go with it are unsettling our cosy little party

Now known throughout the football world as, The Lambert Gambit :)

10 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I wish he would TRO - the tide I'm afraid is turning- if we lose on Tuesday and then go a goal down to Norwich can you  just imagine the atmosphere around VP ?

for once Dave, I don't see this turning.

I have seen some slip ups and refocus and get back in the groove.

you don't get this bad and just recover....something is not right.....and I think its more than just the manager.....and I don't think he can fix it......I think we might have a culture type problem.

I honestly do see him falling on the sword, but like has been mentioned earlier, i have my doubts it will fix it.

I mean David Wagner took his troops on an outward bound course to bond and get to know each other.....I know every manager has HIS ways......could you honestly see our kind of players going for that.

They just want to get in to their Aston Martins and **** *** home.

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I will be in Spain on Tuesday, so don't think I have walked away in disgust.

fingers crossed....thats all i have left.

scouting.:)

Edited by TRO

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

No,No you could well be right....I couldn't realistically say you are wrong could I on the back of that yesterday,

but we will only be sure, when Steve Bruce has gone and the next man has a chance to prove you right or maybe fuel my doubts of more to it all than meets the eye.

we will see.

But like what? There are non-specific comments being made that seem to me to be an attempt to excuse Bruce's ineptitude.

It really is just down to, specifically, the manager. And, probably, to his coaching team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will be in Spain on Tuesday, so don't think I have walked away in disgust.

fingers crossed....thats all i have left.

Pop your head around the door and have a chat with that Zidan chap, see if he fancies a new challenge. Perhaps a word with Christiano whatshisname wouldn't hurt either.....

Oh and a little bloke called Messi may be worth a shout

34 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Most of the players have been here for a year or less. It would not be possible for them to have that mentality in that short period.

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Pop your head around the door and have a chat with that Zidan chap, see if he fancies a new challenge. Perhaps a word with Christiano whatshisname wouldn't hurt either.....

Oh and a little bloke called Messi may be worth a shout

He will never get up to those long balls out to him on the wing. :)

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If he gets 10-15 more games we are taking a huge gamble on the future of this club. 

I think the future has already been decided tbh.

We had our chance to get rid of him and didn't take it.

Any manager that comes in now i feel will struggle.

Â