Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You seriously think theres enough creativity in the side?

You are contradicting yourself, if you think we have so many creative players.. then how on earth can you defend Bruce so much with the negative dross he serves up every match. You can't say its the players if you think we have 10 amazing creative players to choose from!

Tonight Taylor or Amavi would put a cross in and we'd only had Hogan in the box against 5 Walsall players, either our players are being told to not take risks or they are not attack minded enough. You can't have it both ways.

Anyway from that list you put out above I only see one natural senior winger.

I am defending Bruce from a notion that he sends them out to play like that......I simply don't buy that.

He his far too seasoned a manager to believe that......There is problems for sure and lots of them, but they can come form one source.

If there is a concern aimed at him and it could be shared with a few others at VP.....His team has not got the correct balance and is causing problems elsewhere.....its just my belief.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

We ended further away from the play offs at the end of the season than when he took over, where does that leave your opinion?

My opinion remains exactly as its been for some time, the problems are wider than just the Manager.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nothing to do with balance. players lose all creative juices because of style of play. We are playing League 1 sides(not good ones) and a defensive midfielder is not needed in such games. Just another excuse for the management at this stage

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Bruce's woeful performance throughout this month imo  - e.g. Relying on you know who - deciding it wasn't working and then acting on deadline day to rectify this.

Would you not agree?

I agree January was shit yes

I do think there are some still struggling to fill their shirt. I don't think players playing within themselves is down to tactical negativity, it's more some still searching for that bit of belief and form. It'll come and things will flow from there imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry, I just don't see what you see.

We were just as ineffective when Jedinak was playing last season as when he wasn't.

It isn't winning the ball that is the issue, it's retaining it and using it in any kind of meaningful way that is the problem.

I know you don't and I mean that respectfully.

But we was better when Jed was in, I refute that.....not free-flowing but far more effective.

do you honestly think Mortimer and Cowans could have done what they did without Bremner......not as effective they couldn't.

I have said On here, i think we need a more dynamic version of Jed, not one that just protects the defence....the defence needs less protecting now.....one that can get about the place and rally the troops.

Your last line.....If you have got someone who can win it, a player is  less likely to lose it in the first place, knowing he is going to get it straight back.....but your point is right it is retaining it and using it in a meaningful way......but sometimes on fix cures all.

Why do you think Chelsea and the like buy players like Kante.....its not for any other reason that they are crucial to the functional balance of the side.

We have one player like that in the whole squad

Look, If I am wrong and time will tell, he will have to go.....but I will be amazed he has let it get to this.

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need cover for Jed or another one and not just have to rely on one in a squad.

Lyden showed enough in his little cameo tonight to be that player and should be given more game time before the season starts to prove it. I'd much rather promote Lyden than sign Whelan who for me is a really poor player.

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am defending Bruce from a notion that he sends them out to play like that......I simply don't buy that.

He his far too seasoned a manager to believe that......There is problems for sure and lots of them, but they can come form one source.

If there is a concern aimed at him and it could be shared with a few others at VP.....His team has not got the correct balance and is causing problems elsewhere.....its just my belief.

See you dodged the question, Anyway, who is responsible for the balance of the XI on the pitch? with 9 months with the players and a magical preseason?

I can't believe people are still making excuses for him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

Lyden showed enough in his little cameo tonight to be that player and should be given more game time before the season starts to prove it. I'd much rather promote Lyden than sign Whelan who for me is a really poor player.

Haven't seen Lyden play.....but goodnews.

Lets just ignore how good the players who joined us were before Bruce got hold of them.

Best CM's in the champ Hourihane and Lansbury.... Prolific strikers in the champ Hogan and McCormack....

It's not the managers fault who isn't utilizing them correctly it's clearly just the players....

He's ruining their careers and us as a club. Remember if we don't get promoted this season were done for, relying on Kodija won't be enough i'm afraid.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

See you dodged the question, Anyway, who is responsible for the balance of the XI on the pitch? with 9 months with the players and a magical preseason?

I can't believe people are still making excuses for him

No I answered the question the way I think it should be answered.......I do not believe Steve Bruce is happy with what he is seeing, meaning he will try and find a fix as quick as he can

Of course he is responsible for balance......along with a few others( meaning financial feasibilty)......but does that mean he is sending them out wrong or he hasn't got the right players to create the balance he is looking for.

thats what rebuilding is.

I would love to know his thoughts on it.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Haven't seen Lyden play.....but goodnews.

What I've seen of him (which is limited) he is the type of player you speak of but has better control and passing ability than Jedinak imo. Just needs to be given more game time now to get up to speed fitness wise. I'd actually play him in the first team and have Jedinak as cover.

What I noted tonight those players from the U21s that were given a chance shone more than those costing fees and maybe that's the way to go rather than paying fees for the likes of Whelan and Elmo?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

What I've seen of him (which is limited) he is the type of player you speak of but has better control and passing ability than Jedinak imo. Just needs to be given more game time now to get up to speed fitness wise. I'd actually play him in the first team and have Jedinak as cover.

What I noted tonight those players from the U21s that were given a chance shone more than those costing fees and maybe that's the way to go rather than paying fees for the likes of Whelan and Elmo?

I am heartened, by that sounds like a good prospect.

I don't know if its the way to go, but its concerning that.......maybe we have too many players with question marks......and SB wants to bring in better attitudes.

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

We ended further away from the play offs at the end of the season than when he took over, where does that leave your opinion?

Sigh.

We were 19th when he took over and 13th by end of season. Therefore nearer the playoffs.

How anyone can argue RDM got us even remotely near the playoffs is beyond me. 

Maybe Division 1 playoffs?

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that the players are going to let him down big time. 

do you mean deliberately to get him sacked?

Bruce has made mistakes, he has signed players that do not compliment his style of football. 

are you sure he is signing the players?

so which is it?

bruce signing players he cant get his "style" out of

or

Wyness/Round are signing players whilst having the wrong manager in place

Wyness is without a doubt monitoring everything and I am confident that they would have a few replacements in mind already in case this season goes pear shaped at the beginning.  

would that be Moyes by any chance?

We have a lot of central midfielders and we are looking to sign more.  He needs to find players that can produce quality for our strikers on the flanks. 

We have far too many players full stop

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Funnily enough, i think a single problem is having a knock on affect to so many other things in our play

I think we have a midfield problem.....the balance is simply not there, despite signing oodles of midfield players.....they are all too much the same.....not enough contrast.

when Jed is out we lose our ball winner and sorry no one else can do it.....would you play without a goal keeper?.....why play without a ball winner?

I honestly think this causing so many of our problems in so many area's of our play, we are like a four wheeled car with three wheels.

If we can get that right.....yes i think the other poor aspects of our play will improve and promotion could be acheived.

We can't get promotion playing like we are for sure.....we must address the midfield balance.

2 words

1 Straws

2 Clutching

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Lets just ignore how good the players who joined us were before Bruce got hold of them.

Best CM's in the champ Hourihane and Lansbury.... Prolific strikers in the champ Hogan and McCormack....

It's not the managers fault who isn't utilizing them correctly it's clearly just the players....

He's ruining their careers and us as a club. Remember if we don't get promoted this season were done for, relying on Kodija won't be enough i'm afraid.

All 100% valid points

I shudder at the following thought

Bruce continues on from last season, Hoofball and relying on Kodjia magic. Kodjia proving again how valuable he is by scoring 20+ goals, however as our lone goalscorer we fail to get promoted.

Thus

our only true "ace" is sold to a premier club while the board sack Bruce a year too late and we're here for yet another season

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

nothing to do with balance. players lose all creative juices because of style of play. We are playing League 1 sides(not good ones) and a defensive midfielder is not needed in such games. Just another excuse for the management at this stage

I'm as concerned as the next person with the pre-season performances. It's hasn't been good enough. But criticising Bruce for playing a DM is a bit silly. All players need to play and get their match fitness up. It doesn't matter who we play, that's what pre-season is for. I don't think this can be used as a stick to beat Bruce with.

• Like 2

Â