Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

So if Bruce only had one promotion and then managed to stop in the Premiership mean he was a good manager?

I have said before I dont  expect to see any improvement on the pitch as surely if he had that in his locker we would have seen some signs of it during last season, he will get results that will probably have us finishing top 10, 2 or 3 better players may improve that slightly but that will be inspite of Bruce and not because of him.

• Like 2

waiting for Bruce to do preseason, buy a few, ship a few out, hoof his way into a league position where the board/fans think "it'll click and we'll be there soon" is like watching my mate play golf. He has this wicked slice but no matter how hard he tries and aims left the ball always sails off right into the trees, water or out of bounds.

I know he's gonna do it. I just have to wait for it to happen.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

waiting for Bruce to do preseason, buy a few, ship a few out, hoof his way into a league position where the board/fans think "it'll click and we'll be there soon" is like watching my mate play golf. He has this wicked slice but no matter how hard he tries and aims left the ball always sail off right into the trees, water or put of bound.

But your mate realises that if he stops coming from outside the ball on his downswing he can correct his slice. Goes away and works on it for in the off season.

Starts the new season looking like a new golfer. 

I use to slice the ball now I draw it. 

Change can happen. 

Just have to give it time. 

Snap. 

Next golf analogy. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

waiting for Bruce to do preseason, buy a few, ship a few out, hoof his way into a league position where the board/fans think "it'll click and we'll be there soon" is like watching my mate play golf. He has this wicked slice but no matter how hard he tries and aims left the ball always sail off right into the trees, water or put of bound.

I didn't know we played golf together. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

But your mate realises that if he stops coming from outside the ball on his downswing he can correct his slice. Goes away and works on it for in the off season.

Change can happen. 

Snap. 

Next golf analogy. 

Well Brucie is new to the game, give him time. 

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I know exactly what you mean. Waiting for you to comment on how shit Bruce is, is a bit like watching the Tories announce yet another Draconian yet 'fair' austerity policy. I know they're going to do, I just have to wait a maximum of 5 minutes for it to happen.

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If @Grasshopper can go a day without slagging Bruce off on VT I'll up my acorns donation to £100 if we don't get promoted under Bruce. 

Are you stipulating from which division the promotion has to be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If @Grasshopper can go a day without slagging Bruce off on VT I'll up my acorns donation to £100 if we don't get promoted under Bruce. 

@Stevo985

And for your generosity you may stipulate which day.

Today? Tomorrow? First Hoof of the season? first defeat?

21 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Change can happen. 

Snap. 

Next golf analogy. 

The Dave in question knows no different. Doesnt take tips from mates,(better golfers) or have lessons from the Pro.

He thinks he knows better.

Anyway, this is the Bruce thread.

I wonder if/how Bruce plays golf

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

The Dave in question knows no different. Doesnt take tips from mates,(better golfers) or have lessons from the Pro.

He thinks he knows better.

Anyway, this is the Bruce thread.

I wonder if/how Bruce plays golf

He always makes the cut

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

@Stevo985

And for your generosity you may stipulate which day.

Today? Tomorrow? First Hoof of the season? first defeat?

Any 24 hour period. It'll be nice for the rest of us to get a break.

This is only if @VillaCas accepts his half of the bet though...

• Like 2

On 2017-5-26 at 14:05, Villan_of_oz said:

Change can happen. 

Snap. 

Next golf analogy. 

You have to except there is a problem before you can correct it. 

Bruce is a pragmatic manager, always has been. Thats his style. The bloke set up defensively at home to Burton Albion for crying out loud.

This idea that a pre season is all that's needed to see him break away from a style he has employed throughout a 20yr management career, and have us playing half decent football is naive at best. 

Â