Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

Another "thing" is we know Bruce is aware of the problem, because he keeps mentioning it....But nothing seems to change. Which isn't encouraging from a coaching point of view. There will be more pressure next season, not less.

Absolutely spot on. Personally I find this quite odd. Why does he keep on banging about it, if he's not going to do anything? Surely he still has every intention of actually improving our playing style, possession, etc.? Anything else would seem plain stupid, and possibly detrimental to his career.

I'm really looking forward to the next game, hoping for a completely new approach.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He was here long enough to do better than what he had done ,and with the money he's had to spend, and I'm pretty certain Rowett would of done a better job, just look how he's improved Derby. So it's not really that much of a " hollow point  ", is it? And what's your excuse for the dreadful football on offer? 

The derby that scraped victory against qpr, relied upon a last minute goal against Birmingham, drew against struggling forest and beat Fulham (great result) but were outdone in possession stats. Imagine how you'd Moan if villa had won games like that under Bruce. The way derby have played under Rowett is pretty much how we've been winning games under bruceBruce

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

The derby that scraped victory against qpr, relied upon a last minute goal against Birmingham, drew against struggling forest and beat Fulham (great result) but were outdone in possession stats. Imagine how you'd Moan if villa had won games like that under Bruce. The way derby have played under Rowett is pretty much how we've been winning games under bruceBruce

The goals in that Fulham game are hilarious too.  I think the Fulham keeper had 3 Derby assists!

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He was here long enough to do better than what he had done ,and with the money he's had to spend, and I'm pretty certain Rowett would of done a better job, just look how he's improved Derby. So it's not really that much of a " hollow point  ", is it? And what's your excuse for the dreadful football on offer? 

If we're simply considering the amount of time he's had in a vacuum, how much money's been spent, I'd be inclined to agree with you. As would a fair few others I'd suspect.

Fact is we had a shitload of other problems, meaning the task at hand was entirely different than that of Derby, Newcastle or whatever other club you wish to compare with.

The awful run in Jan-Feb was still piss poor, and shouldn't have happened.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I mean - this is brilliant, isn't it?

On the one hand, you have a manager who has 4 promotions from the Championship (the most recent being last season) and vast experience within management.

On the other hand, you have a manager who has never even been in the Championship playoffs let alone got promotion from the division - yet he is the one that "would of done a better job".

Seriously now... based on WHAT?!  Just gut feeling?

• Like 3

It's see where Rowett gets with derby , then maybe we can continue this discussion . We already know where Bruce is taking us , 

10 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't give a diddly squat how Derby play , my point was Rowett has improved them ,and I think he would of improved us enough to get us in to the play - offs, which like I said previously, would at least compensate for any dour football , but all we have from Bruce , is nothing but dour football . And yes , I would moan if we won games in that fashion ,because unlike some ,I happen to care how we play the game .

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's see where Rowett gets with derby , then maybe we can continue this discussion . We already know where Bruce is taking us

I don't give a diddly squat how Derby play , my point was Rowett has improved them ,and I think he would of improved us enough to get us in to the play - offs, which like I said previously, would at least compensate for any dour football , but all we have from Bruce , is nothing but dour football . And yes , I would moan if we won games in that fashion ,because unlike some ,I happen to care how we play the game .

Do we? Can I have the lottery numbers then please?

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I mean - this is brilliant, isn't it?

On the one hand, you have a manager who has 4 promotions from the Championship (the most recent being last season) and vast experience within management.

On the other hand, you have a manager who has never even been in the Championship playoffs let alone got promotion from the division - yet he is the one that "would of done a better job".

Seriously now... based on WHAT?!  Just gut feeling?

Don't underestimate gut - feeling , it has its moments .

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like with the Line of Duty post ? And I don't " wonder " ,on the contrary, I find that quite amusing tbh . You mean you get " worked up " speak for yourself , not other people .

I don't even know what this one means

43 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely spot on. Personally I find this quite odd. Why does he keep on banging about it, if he's not going to do anything? Surely he still has every intention of actually improving our playing style, possession, etc.? Anything else would seem plain stupid, and possibly detrimental to his career.

I'm really looking forward to the next game, hoping for a completely new approach.

Don't hold your breath  ,

34 minutes ago, vreitti said:

If we're simply considering the amount of time he's had in a vacuum, how much money's been spent, I'd be inclined to agree with you. As would a fair few others I'd suspect.

Fact is we had a shitload of other problems, meaning the task at hand was entirely different than that of Derby, Newcastle or whatever other club you wish to compare with.

The awful run in Jan-Feb was still piss poor, and shouldn't have happened.

But how long can these problems be used as an excuse for this awful foorball ? 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Well, considering the two main problems are that he came in mid-campaign without having a pre-season, shortly after we had to completely overhaul our terrible squad that got us just 17 points last season, at least until he gets a pre-season with a settled squad? Not totally unreasonable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Usually grasshopper, you whack together an opinion and it's usually good to read and makes me think and although I disagree, it's good to see the other side of opinions. Unlike some of the other posters. But I believe you really are scraping the barrel here.

thanx

nice to get a respectful consideration from you.

dont agree with the barrel bit though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Well, one thing is for certain, this shit ain't gonna be good enough come next season.

Personally I'm still expecting some improvement these remaining games. 

I wouldn't be against a new (better) manager in the summer, then again I honestly can't think of anyone, who'd be available, and willing.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Rowett reputation really has exploded in 6 months especially on here before he was a Championship version of Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis. Now I expect him to be next manager of Barcelona 

:crylaugh: can you imagine? 

58 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

BruceBruce? Are you implying that our manager is the managerial equivalent of Eric Djemba-Djemba? A player so good they named him twice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

BruceBruce? Are you implying that our manager is the managerial equivalent of Eric Djemba-Djemba? A player so good they named him twice.

a player so good we should have only played him twice

• Like 2

Â