Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, bobzy said:

This game hasn't been great at all - and that has suited us.  I think we've been unlucky tonight, but never looked like winning the game.

Our lack of goal threat is killing us.

But our lack of goal threat has nothing to do with luck !!!!

How are we unlucky? Week after week we play in an overly cautious defensive way ( whatever the system) and week after week the same thing happens !!

• Like 2

Just now, terrytini said:

But our lack of goal threat has nothing to do with luck !!!!

How are we unlucky? Week after week we play in an overly cautious defensive way ( whatever the system) and week after week the same thing happens !!

I meant unlucky in this particular game, away from home against top of the league where we've basically restricted them to nothing... but shot ourselves in the foot.

I can't see what blame Bruce takes from this particular game.  Maybe not changing anything soon enough.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I meant unlucky in this particular game, away from home against top of the league where we've basically restricted them to nothing... but shot ourselves in the foot.

I can't see what blame Bruce takes from this particular game.  Maybe not changing anything soon enough.

The same blame as all the others.

His way of playing always asks for trouble- the fact that sometimes it means we contain or nearly contain teams should never be viewed as a sign it is a good method. 

Its a method for an away leg in Europe, or for a team full of Robbie Savages.

In no way does it suit us.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

The same blame as all the others.

His way of playing always asks for trouble- the fact that sometimes it means we contain or nearly contain teams should never be viewed as a sign it is a good method. 

Its a method for an away leg in Europe, or for a team full of Robbie Savages.

In no way does it suit us.

I think it's a pretty legit game plan away from home against top of the league.  Each to their own.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I can't see what blame Bruce takes from this particular game. 

Set us up to draw 0-0 and hope for the best. Not a Villa player within 50 yds of Hogan. Why buy Lansbury and Hourihane and ask them to play like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sort of.  I mean, the strikers should do better themselves, but our midfield always feels absolutely miles away.

They end up about 5 yards in front of the defence and then the Kodja and what should be his teammate are too far away.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Go on, defend him. One of you defend him. 

I dare you. 

I would take you up on this but as the team appear to be incapable of defending and they get paid for it I don't see why I should defend anything every again unless I am getting at least £15,000 a week for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it's a pretty legit game plan away from home against top of the league.  Each to their own.

Its not even the percentage play. He's banking on Chester, Elphick and Johnstone keeping them out for 90 mins

Relegation is a very real possibility under Bruce

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

worst manager in Villa history for me. no tactics, no heart, no subs, no invention, no motivation

I agree

Shocking i'm just waiting to hear what the excuse is come the final whistle

It's clearly just confidence.... just ignore the calamitous errors and us being toothless in front of goal

Edited by AshVilla

Â