Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't really get how Bruce can be blamed for this. I thought we played quite well. Again stupid mistakes and punished yet nothing drops for us. 

I don't really see how you can excuse constant defensive mistakes. If lansbury scores a world class goal and we win, Bruce gets credit. If a player **** up and we lose, no blame on the manager. I disagree 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

**** me a voice of reason...we were in control until the first goal which is bloody good considering where we're playing

We weren't in control man. They were just getting out of second gear. Christ, is that what people consider a controlling performance nowadays.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't really get how Bruce can be blamed for this. I thought we played quite well. Again stupid mistakes and punished yet nothing drops for us. 

Its not just this game though. The odd bad result you can say, yep the players messed up. 

But this is the last 8 games, and when you look shit for that long, you need to start looking at the manager.

Even during his good spell when he first got here, the football was shit.

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I know we have bigger issues to worry about but at what point did Bruce look at the squad and decide left back was an urgent area that needs fixing.

...about the same time as he bought a new gk, a new rb, 3 new cms and a forward and chucked em all together and hoped for the best.

• Like 1

I don't think there is any point in sacking him.. I really cannot see any other manager being able to stop this rot.

These players cannot handle the expectation of playing for a historic football club with high expectations. 

The players we have have never played under these circumstances. 

We may have a talented squad but they cannot  deal with the pressure.  

We attract and sign these players and after the first week they realise how difficult it really is here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't really see how you can excuse constant defensive mistakes. If lansbury scores a world class goal and we win, Bruce gets credit. If a player **** up and we lose, no blame on the manager. I disagree 

The manager has been blamed for every defeat though. 

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I know we have bigger issues to worry about but at what point did Bruce look at the squad and decide left back was an urgent area that needs fixing.

Swapped him for a player with our second most assists at the time I believe.

• Like 1

Â